Junior Software Engineer
- 100 Mount St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Department: Engineering
An award-winning high growth FinTech that is in the scale up stage adding to its fun and dynamic team. Join our experienced entrepreneurs at a mission driven company that will improve the financial lives of millions of Australians. Join a truly purpose driven organisation hell bent on making people feel good about money!
The Junior Software Engineer is a key part of our engineering team working to solve a variety of platform challenges whilst optimising to enable future growth. As a Junior Engineer, you will be responsible for troubleshooting across many aspects of IT and so will have a broad scope and a willingness to operate across a broad spectrum of technologies.
Success in this role will be defined by the delivering of good quality, maintainable and scalable solutions. It will also be defined by the persons ability to balance technical and commercial outcomes whilst operating as a part of the broader Frollo unit.
- Office software and desktop support,
- Requirements gathering and analysis,
- Design of software solutions
- Documentation, testing, deployment & maintenance.
- Pull Requests and code reviews
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience supporting software deployments
- 1-2 years’ experience in any mainstream programming language.
- Understands database schema design and database management
- Comfortable working in Agile methodology environment
- Familiar with integrating JSON and REST based APIs
- Familiar with CI/CD environments and automated testing
- AWS experience and understanding of cloud environments.
- Driven by purpose and impact;
- Collaborative by approach and defaulting to transparency and communication;
- Seeks ownership and accountability in equal measure;
- Seeks to understand a problem deeply for the purpose of being able to offer a solution, not to dwell on the problem