- 100 Mount St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Department: Engineering
An award-winning high growth FinTech that is in the scale up stage adding to its fun and dynamic team. Join our experienced entrepreneurs at a mission driven company that will improve the financial lives of millions of Australians. Join a truly purpose driven organisation who puts our people first with a key aim of growing together and reaping the rewards of success.
A skilled Cloud Engineer with experience in cloud networks, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery model and strong AWS experience. The role also encompasses aspects of DevOps and CI/CD. Managing the IT infrastructure design that supports software code in a dedicated or multi-tenant environment. Selecting appropriate deployment models with an approach that aims for frequent, incremental changes with a focus on automation and maintenance across environments. The role requires an understanding of the basics of software development languages and development tools in order to work with development staff to ensure efficient design and resolution of problems.
On top of the basics, you’re looking for an opportunity to bring to life new ideas that will delight our users of our technology and help make a positive impact on their financial wellbeing. Finally, you’re someone who wants to work closely with our CTO, Data Team, and Partners to push their thinking on what’s possible and where we can grow together. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
- Maintaining and securing our cloud environments and infrastructure
- Assisting the data team with implementation and deployment of new technologies
- Have a very strong focus on analysis, solution and technical design activities with high-quality documentation and realistic work estimates as the end deliverable
- Drive continuous improvement in DevOps & Configuration Management capability ensuring it is always relevant and meets the needs of the business
- Work closely with development, IT and operations teams to coordinate their needs
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- AWS cloud services experience including EC2, S3, Route53, SageMaker, RDS, VPCs and IAM
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using CloudFormation or other tools
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/ IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Security best practices across cloud, applications, firewalls and servers.
- Strong experience in a DevOps environment.
- Strong experience with back-up and recovery environments.
- Sound working knowledge of Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Strong SQL development and other query languages.
- Exposure to design APIs. RESTful services and when to use JSON or XML.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools (desirable)
- Experience in financial services (desirable)
- Experience with Heroku (desirable)
- Experience working in a creative environment
- An excellent work ethic and can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- A talent for communicating ideas, issues and solutions in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow outside of the office
- Keen interest in learning new programming languages and frameworks
If the above sounds like you, or if you feel you have the composition of skills that will help us take our platform and technology to the next level, we want to hear from you.