Business Analyst - Implementation Team
- 100 Mount St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Project Management
NextGen.Net is Australia's leading provider of non-proprietary Software as a Service (SaaS) technology solutions to the mortgage lending industry. We are focused on delivering quality products and services to a range of financial institutions and intermediaries. Our 'ApplyOnline' platform is an industry standard in the provision of digital loan lodgement and assessment. We are experiencing strong growth and have an exciting roadmap full of opportunity in the Australian financial landscape.
We currently have an opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Business Analyst to join one of our Project Implementation teams. In this role you will use your talents to:
- To provide leverage to Business Analyst/Project Manager regarding pipeline management, Backlog prioritisation and grooming, documentation of scope and requirements, facilitation of delivery and testing against the requirements, and management of customer feedback, defects and change requests.
- To apply business skills to effectively capture and document business user stories for our market leading application processing solutions.
- To coordinate and work closely with technical delivery teams using AGILE methods to ensure that identified scope is delivered and user expectations exceeded.
- Work with the Business Analyst/Project Manager to manage and prioritise the Feature Delivery Roadmap
- Work with the Business Analyst/Project Manager, customer reps and Application SMEs to ensure thorough understanding of project scope and deliverables
- Work with the Business Analyst/Project Manager to effectively capture, analyse, document and validate business user stories and acceptance criteria, as well as map out customer journeys within the project scope
- Work with Technical Leads and other stakeholders to prepare technical solution design
- Quality Assurance / Testing to ensure documented requirements are fulfilled
- Triage user feedback, defects reports & change requests for type, scope & severity
- Work as a key member of an AGILE Development team across sprint planning, grooming, pipeline prioritisation and delivery.
- Translate business and functional requirements to suitable agile scope/ stories.
- Ensure pipeline activities are groomed with appropriate scoping & estimation for allocation to sprints
- Manage stakeholder expectations around individual issues within the context of the project.
- Work with Business Analyst/Project Manager in facilitating daily standups and other agile ceremonies.
- Assist with creation of Solution / System documentation
- Participate in 'continuous quality' by developing and maintaining test cases and work with Test Managers to ensure test execution and coverage leads to minimise customer raised defects
- Ensure compliance of quality procedures
- 1+ years experience Business Analysis or Junior Product Management roles in the Lending or Finance Industry
- Experience preparing specifications/user stories
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia.
- Experience in process mapping and/ or mapping of user journeys
- Knowledge of the Lending, Banking or Mortgage policies and processes
- Experience working for a S/W Vendor or Consultancy firm
- Credit or mortgage application processing exposure
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence applications
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, including decision making
- Ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Ability to take on and deal with multiple concurrent projects.
- High level of organisational skills and time management
- Demonstrated ability to meet and maintain deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to learn new skills as required
- Confident in making presentations and lead workshops/ project meetings.
- Ability to negotiate with business stakeholders and development team stakeholders.
- Customer focus - ability to manage client expectations and relationships
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with a leading Australian technology provider. Successful candidates will work on exciting challenges and be given the opportunity to grow professionally within the organisation.
Send us your resume and a cover letter describing your suitability for this role.