Senior AWS Architect
- 1775 Tysons Boulevard, 5th Floor, McLean, VA, United States
NextBit Technologies (NBT) is an established cloud services consultant and IT technology partner focused on the SMB and federal marketplace. For over ten years, NBT has been providing consulting solutions meeting the many bespoke technology requirements of our clients. Our mission at NBT is to assist our clients in establishing the most effective IT systems and workflow, which results in optimum cost, speed and efficiency advantages across the organization’s IT landscape.
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to NBT clients, and partner with them to understand their requirements for cloud implementations.
- Provide recommendations to clients with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for AWS adoption.
- Create functional design specifications, reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Collaborate with other project teams on technical solutions and help improve NBT's services.
- Learn, learn, and learn by staying up-to-date on all technical developments related to AWS.
- Travel and work onsite at client locations (typically 50%).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, other technical field.
- Well versed in building product-quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
- Familiar with various application stacks such as Java, C#, .Net, etc.
- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
- AWS apps technologies such as RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, DynamoDB, RedShift
- AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53,
- Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
- Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
- Experience building private AMI’s on VPC’s
- Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface).
- Experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client facing roles in large enterprises and demonstrated client facing consulting skills, including building strong client relationships.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player.
- AWS certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops.
NextBit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.