Learning & Development Specialist
- Coppell, TX
Who Are We?
We are America’s Elite Technical Services Company providing superior field expertise in the Electrical and Communication Industries without compromising on quality and safety. At Velex, our business success depends on our people. Our employees receive the most comprehensive training using a high-tech process and state-of-the-art safety equipment as well as competitive pay with full benefits. We take enormous pride in creating a working environment where safety is paramount and encourages innovation and teamwork.
Who We're Looking For:
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Field training is received, understood and implemented.
- Train site personnel in the deployment of all necessary on-site safety equipment.
- Create material for courses including: safety and quality, along with tower and small cell installation knowledge. Civil and electrical knowledge is a plus.
- Collaborate with Safety and Quality teams on updating any outdated course work.
- Provide training to project staff and site personnel where required.
- Ensure that project documentation is complete and uploaded into the appropriate databases.
- Develop the skills of existing workforce, newly hired workers, and contractor attendees through the facilitation of all learning activities both in-classroom and through drills/exercises
- Coordinate training activity and calendar, schedule travel, interact with contractors as needed
- Assist in developing and coordinating training manuals working with Specialists for specific details, when necessary.
- Prepare and update training presentations in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Initiate and participate in project Safety Control audits and report the results of such audits to Management.
- Resolve any Safety issues arising from the above audits and address Safety concerns reported by any other source.
- Provide and/or manage monthly or annual ongoing/refresher training in topics relevant to the telecom industry in a timely manner.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates
- Organization and operational skills to develop new material and procedures for training
- Communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly, often, and professionally
- Ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company mission and exemplify leadership behaviors
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Exemplify consistent professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity
- Good organizer, thorough and meticulous
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years progressive experience as a Trainer in cell site deployments or 7 years of direct, hands-on experience of the construction, installation, and commissioning of cell sites on rooftops and towers where safety standards were actively applied and monitored.
- OSHA 500 Instructor strongly preferred
- Experience working within an LMS or development software is a plus
- Good understanding of the OSHA and TIA regulations and ANSI standards
- Ability to address small and large groups of people on equipment and theory-based principals
- A demonstrated personal interest in safety issues
- Ability to monitor training candidates during mock drills and demonstrations to ensure proper safety and health standards are being adhered to
- Able to travel by air between projects and markets as needed. Travel will be required for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.