- Hanover, MD
Who Are We?
We are America’s Elite Technical Services Company providing superior field expertise in the Electrical and Communication Industries without compromising on quality and safety. At Velex, our business success depends on our people. Our employees receive the most comprehensive training using a high-tech process and state-of-the-art safety equipment as well as competitive pay with full benefits. We take enormous pride in creating a working environment where safety is paramount and encourages innovation and teamwork.
Who We're Looking For:
Velex is looking for a Foreman to join our growing team in the Hanover, MD area. The Foreman will be responsible for performing wireless installations as well as test, analyze and troubleshoot problems within the wireless network with minimal guidance for tasks performed. They routinely work with all outside installation contractors and departments within the company to complete work assignments on all equipment to include microwave, antennas, towers, coax cabling and associated equipment. They Develop and maintain a positive company image and provide a strong example for crew members for quality, safety, and professionalism
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage a group of 2-3 crew members and mentor junior team members
- Follow proper safety procedures when using electrical test and communications equipment
- Evaluate the job sites and communications equipment, and secures and protects as required Knowledge of antennas and polarization patterns and factors affecting bandwidth and gain/loss of antennas and spectrums
- Fully test an antenna/line system as required via PIM or Sweep
- Follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform maintenance on equipment
- Interpret the alarm conditions on the network and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
- Perform antenna sweeps, frequency spectrum sweeps and maintains site configuration data using computer software and digital photography
The Qualities You Possess:
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
- Experience with and the ability to climb towers 100+ feet tall, with a 50 lb. load.
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the work day.
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable if required to drive and the ability to drive long distances on and off road and to tow trailers
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical if required to drive.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Travel Requirements: Must be available to travel up to 100% for weeks at a time if required.
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English.
- Strong leadership and ability to lead a team a must
- Local to market
- Periodic air travel will be required.
- Extensive experience with GSM, UMTS, Carrier Adds, and LTE
- Highly skilled at installation, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems as they relate to equipment installation and failure
- 3+ years of experience climbing and working on Towers
- Proficient in testing and working with Fiber
- Strong reporting skills to team and market leads
- PIM and Sweep Certifications strongly preferred
- OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (will provide training)
- Comtrain or Fall Rescue certification preferred (will provide training)
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is non-exempt based on the FLSA laws. Velex uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.