Civil - Electrician Apprentice
- Hanover, MD
Who Are We?
We are America’s Elite Technical Services Company providing superior field expertise in the Electrical and Communication Industries without compromising on quality and safety. At Velex, our business success depends on our people. Our employees receive the most comprehensive training using a high-tech process and state-of-the-art safety equipment as well as competitive pay with full benefits. We take enormous pride in creating a working environment where safety is paramount and encourages innovation and teamwork.
Who We're Looking For:
Velex is currently looking for an Apprentice Electrician to join our growing team in the Frisco, TX area. The Apprentice Electrician is responsible for assisting electricians in electrical installations, troubleshooting and maintenance within the commercial and residential electrical industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the maintenance, repair and installation of electrical and communication systems, services and equipment
- Assist in the installation of conduit systems, various lighting systems, and basic control systems
- Prepare work area for upcoming tasks and installations
- Learning and Understanding the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Report to Journeyman Electrician/Foreman
The Qualities You Possess:
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete projects of various scopes and sizes
- Maintain a safe job site, complying with company safety, OSHA and customer-specific safety standards
- TX Electrical Apprentice License
- Valid US driver’s license and the ability to pass a DOT physical
- 1+ year experience on commercial or residential electrical projects
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits and wiring
- Desire to learn local and National Electrical Codes
- Ability to read basic blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- Must have accurate hearing, speech, vision, and color recognition.
- Must be capable of working in extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Travel Requirements: Must be available to travel as needed within the market and for periodic air travel
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.