- Coppell, TX
Who Are We?
WE ARE CHAMPIONS! Nexians are innovative people excessively focused on accelerating technology deployment. We live by our Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, and Innovation. Our most important asset is our employees which is why we focus on providing a progressive, vibrant and empowering culture. Since 2001, Nexius has grown into the leading deployment services provider in the US. We are unique in combining end-to-end Network Deployment and Network Engineering services to design and build the best networks in the US. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest leading companies in telecommunications and various other industries.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company with record growth. Nexius employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and multiple benefit plan options
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Company-wide events and celebrations
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
Nexius is looking for a Safety Manager Champion to join our growing team in the Coppell, TX area. The Safety Manager will audit Safety Programs to ensure that our employees and those of our subcontractors are protected in the workplace and that we are in compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and local safety regulations.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that the Safety Plan is received, understood and implemented by all Project Managers and by our subcontractors.
- Distribute to all appropriate project staff and designated site personnel the necessary policies, instructions, templates, checklists and logs for the effective implementation of the Safety Plan.
- Train site personnel in the deployment of all necessary on-site safety equipment.
- Put in place the standard processes and procedures for obtaining prompt, professional medical assistance in the event of accidents.
- Provide Safety Training to project staff and site personnel where required.
- Ensure safety incidents and/or accidents are properly investigated and recorded.
- Coordinate with Project Management and staff to monitor adherence to safety policies and procedures throughout the life of the project.
- Initiate and participate in project Safety Control audits and report the results of such audits to Management.
- Resolve any Safety issues arising from the above audits and address Safety concerns reported by any other source.
- Ensure that project Safety documentation is complete and uploaded into the appropriate databases.
The Qualities You Possess
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often
- Ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company mission and exemplify leadership behaviors.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- 7+ years progressive experience as a Safety Manager in cell site deployments or 7 years of direct, hands-on experience of the construction, installation and commissioning of cell sites on rooftops and towers where safety standards were actively applied and monitored.
- A demonstrated personal interest in safety issues
- Able and willing to travel extensively between projects and markets.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.