Embedded Software Engineer
- Zürich, Switzerland
Nexxiot AG, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is a pioneer and industry leader in the development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions. It is a spin-off of ETH Zurich, one of the world's leading technical universities. Founded in 2015, the company can rely on more than ten years of research in the areas of complex systems, big data algorithms, and ultra-low-power embedded technology. Currently employing more than 60 people across 4 offices and more than USD 80m in total debt and equity funding, the company is established as the market leader in Europe and well-equipped for future growth world-wide.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Nexxiot your goal is to continuously design, develop and improve our low-power, maintenance free, telematic IoT devices. Really getting your hands dirty (yes, that means picking up the oscilloscope once in a while!) you will be heading up the implementation of new drivers, interfaces and algorithms for all our proprietary tech.
- Work closely with your team, Product Owner and Solution Managers to design, implement, and roll-out new firmware.
- Interface with hardware design and development to steer our next generation devices
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software.
- Apply peer programming practices and conduct code, design and security reviews together with your teammates.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and help educate the team.
- Conduct on-site testing and development. (We sometimes get to go test in some really cool places, more on that later!)
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Act as an onboarding buddy for new team members.
You’re a curious and open-minded person who is eager to learn new ideas and technologies. Ideally, you’re always looking to find ways to improve on existing processes and automate recurring tasks, freeing up time for us to focus on the bigger picture! We take a structured approach to engineering and documentation so being goal orientated and well organized when it comes to your code is critical!
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in embedded/firmware software development, preferably working with hardware/IoT devices.
- Although a University degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or any related technical field isn’t a requirement it certainly is an advantage.
- The ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting with embedded .
- Good hands on knowledge of C language for embedded design.
- Experience using RTOS is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Experience with wireless protocols such as IEEE802.15.4 or BLE is a great-to-have.
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus.
We expect a lot from our developers here at Nexxiot, that’s why we also give a lot in return. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package we also have the following to offer:
- Dress: Wear anything you like to the office – and be as comfortable at work as you are in your own home.
- Flexibility: Can’t make it into the office at 07:30? No problem. Feel free to hit snooze a little longer and come in when you’re most productive due to our flexible working hours policy.
- Location: On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location in the Zürich prime tower.
- Remote work: Prefer to work from home? We understand! Provided you are based anywhere in Switzerland or Germany we can work something out that fits your lifestyle.
- Travel: Get from A to B anywhere in the Kanton of Zürich and beyond, whether or not you’re on the way to work cause we’ll cover a large part of your monthly commuter expenses, provided you’re using public transport.