- Zürich, Switzerland
Nexxiot AG, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is a pioneer and industry leader in the development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions. It is a spin-off of ETH Zurich, one of the world's leading technical universities. Founded in 2015, the company can rely on more than ten years of research in the areas of complex systems, big data algorithms and ultra-low power embedded technology. Currently employing more than 60 people across 4 offices and more than USD 80m in total debt and equity funding, the company is established as market leader in Europe and well-equipped for future growth world-wide.
As a Frontend Developer working at Nexxiot you’ll be part of an interdisciplinary product (scrum) team, responsible for implementing software features according to the requirements and priorities provided by the Product Owner. Working closely with the rest of the team your goal will be to design solutions, implements them in software and test and finally to operate and maintain the resulting software services according our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices.
- Work closely with your team, Product Owner and Software Architects to design, implement, operate and maintain software services.
- Participate in agile software development activities like stand-ups, planning, demos and retrospectives.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 3rd level support and to ensure service availability.
- Apply peer programming practices and conduct code, design and security reviews together with your teammates.
- Act as onboarding buddy for new team members.
You’re a curious and open-minded person who is eager to learn new ideas and technologies. Ideally, you’re always looking to find ways to improve on existing processes and automate recurring tasks, freeing up time for us to focus on the bigger picture! We take a structured approach to engineering and documentation so being goal orientated and well organized when it comes to your code is critical!
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in frontend/web development, preferably in a technology focused environment.
- Although a University degree in Computer Science or any related technical field isn’t a requirement it certainly is an advantage.
- The ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with frontend engineering concepts, patterns, technologies and frameworks like Angular, HTML, CSS, Serverless (AWS Lambda) and Containerized (Docker) workloads.
- The appropriate skills to write frontend services including web browser and mobile app User Interface (UI), Usability and User Experience (UA/UX) modelling and (REST) API design.
- In addition to the above skills PHP, Kotlin and Linux/Unix shell know-how is “great to have” but not a necessity.
- Familiar with Web Security and CI/CD best practices.
- Fluent in English spoken and written. German is a plus, but not mandatory.
We expect a lot from our developers here at Nexxiot, that’s why we also give a lot in return. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package we also have the following to offer:
- Dress: Wear anything you like to the office – and be as comfortable at work as you are in your own home.
- Flexibility: Can’t make it into the office at 07:30? No problem. Feel free to hit snooze a little longer and come in when you’re most productive due to our flexible working hours policy.
- Location: On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location in the Zürich prime tower.
- Remote work: Prefer to work from home? We understand! Provided you are based anywhere in Switzerland or Germany we can work something out that fits your lifestyle.
- Travel: Get from A to B anywhere in the Kanton of Zürich and beyond, whether or not you’re on the way to work cause we’ll cover a large part of your monthly commuter expenses, provided you’re using public transport.