- Frankfurt, Germany
Nexxiot AG, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is a pioneer and industry leader in the development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions. It is a spin-off of ETH Zurich, one of the world's leading technical universities. Founded in 2015, the company can rely on more than ten years of research in the areas of complex systems, big data algorithms and ultra-low power embedded technology. Three successful investment rounds enable the company to pursue ambitious global expansion plans. In addition to its headquarter in Switzerland, the company operates offices in Germany and the USA
You will be part of our IoT Airfreight feature team, which is responsible for the development and operations of airfreight specific software services of our IoT Cloud Platform. We use agile DevOps and SRE practices to provide outstanding service quality and availability to our customers. You will join a team of always curious and enthusiastic Engineers, which are working closely together with the Product Owner to deliver valuable features that enable the digitalisation of the logistics industry.
As frontend developer in our interdisciplinary product (scrum) team you are responsible for implementing software features according to the requirements and priorities provided by the Product Owner (PO). In collaboration with the Product Owner and Software Architects you create solution designs, implement them in software, testing, operating and maintaining the resulting software services according to Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices.
- Collaborate with Product Owner (PO) and Software Architects (SA) to produce Solution Design Document which enables effort estimations and planning of implementation work (story break down).
- Collaborate with Product Owner (PO) to break down Epics into Stories based on the Solution Design Document.
- Implement software components and services including testing and writing technical documentation according to continuous integration best practices.
- Deploy software service to different (development, testing and production) environments using continuous deployment practices, operate and maintain those deployments according to the principles of Site Reliability Engineering.
- Participate in team’s on-call rotation to provide 3rd level support and to ensure service availability.
- Review and discuss Solution Design Documents written by teammates.
- Review and approve Merge respectively Pull Request created by teammates.
- Participate in agile software development activities (e.g. stand-ups, planning meetings, demos. retrospectives, …).
- Act as onboarding buddy for new team members.
- Familiar with common web frontend engineering concepts, patterns, technologies and frameworks like Single Page Applications (Angular), HTML, CSS, Twelve-Factor App, Serverless (AWS Lambda) and Containerized (Docker) workloads.
- Familiar with common mobile app engineering concepts, patterns, technologies and frameworks.
- Acquainted with the Git version management system (Gitlab) and CI/CD best practices (Gitlab pipelines).
- Proficient in operating (Kubernetes, ECS/Fargate) and monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus, DataDog, CloudWatch) highly available and scalable software services in cloud native environments.
- Fluent in English spoken and written. German is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Good conceptual skills in developing solution designs, documenting and implementing them in software.
- Open-minded team player, taking end-to-end responsibility to get things done.
- Curious and never afraid of learning to master new tools, technologies and methodologies.
The position is based in Rüsselsheim right beside the Frankfurt Airport. Our recruitment team is looking forward to receiving your CV via our career portal or via the button below.
Nexxiot is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and is an important driver of our success and culture.