Business Analyst US Rail
- McKinney, TX, USA
Nexxiot AG, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is a pioneer and industry leader in the development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions. It is a spin-off of ETH Zurich, one of the world's leading technical universities. Founded in 2015, the company can rely on more than ten years of research in the areas of complex systems, big data algorithms and ultra-low power embedded technology. Three successful investment rounds enable the company to pursue ambitious global expansion plans. In addition to its headquarter in Switzerland, the company operates offices in Germany and the USA.
The Business Analyst Rail is pivotal to building long term customer relationships in the area of Rail. As a team of enthusiasts, we help to digitize the supply chain and enable global players to improve business processes and enhance productivity. We are passionate about our mission and our work.
You enable customers within the rail industry to develop use cases engaged with our solution and make sure it is harnessed to full advantage.
As a Business Analyst Rail, you are responsible for a successful gathering and developing ‘use cases’ and rollout of assigned customer projects. You support and monitor customer’s usage and accelerate their adaptation of Nexiot Connect.
You manage internal and external stakeholders, you drive progress and make sure timelines and service levels are met across product layers and along the customer lifecycle.
You provide superior product clairification, placing heavy importance on reliability, customer engagement and success, being a subject matter expert with extensive credibility.
You continuously learn and analyze customers’ needs, use cases and opportunities, and work closely with account managers, business development and commercial owners to personalize projects and to derive internal requirements for manufacturing and the solutions team. So the main tasks are:
- Provide a customer-centric, end-to-end product management during full customer lifecycle.
- Coordinate internal and external product requirements constraint. Expedite workflow, ensuring products remain on schedule.
- Handle issues arising in day-to-day business, provide effective customer support and coordinate dedicated product trainings to customers as necessary.
- Effectively manage and align stakeholders during product lifecycle.
- Closely work with Account Managers (commercial owners) to achieve growth targets and team goals.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and anticipate any kind of deviation.
- Be led and driven by our sales process, ensuring a smooth workflow and empowering other stakeholders to provide proactive and effective support.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive project documentation within the CRM System and ensure full transparency on project status.
- You have a superior educational background, preferably in electrical or software engineering, computer science or equivalent years of work experience.
- Knowledge about and experience within the US Rail Industry is essential
- You have minimum three years of working experience as a customer facing product manager, ideally in logistics and especially rail, information technology sector or in other relevant areas.
- You are a natural self-starter, keen to take responsibility and pursuing your targets with passion, ambition and persistence.
- You are strong in conceptual and analytical thinking yet customer oriented and very emphatic, able to understand customers perspective in detail and derive tangible opportunities and business cases.
- You are confident in managing stakeholders of all levels and have an intuitive scense for ownership.
- Availability to travel
- You have solid experience with CRM software (ideally Microsoft Dynamics), MS Office products and project management tools (ideally Jira).
- Firsthand Agile Project Management involvement
- Expierence with SaaS is an advantage
- Last but not least: You are willing to take a major role in helping digitizing the US Rail Industry with solutions not available in US so far
This role will be based in our US Office in McKinney, Texas. Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your CV via our careerportal or the button below.
Nexxiot is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and is an important driver of our success and culture.