Segment Head Rail Cargo
- Hamburg, Germany
Nexxiot AG, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is a pioneer and industry leader in the development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions. It is a spin-off of ETH Zurich, one of the world's leading technical universities. Founded in 2015, the company can rely on more than ten years of research in the areas of complex systems, big data algorithms and ultra-low power embedded technology. Three successful investment rounds enable the company to pursue ambitious global expansion plans. In addition to its headquarter in Switzerland, the company operates offices in Germany and the USA.
Nexxiot’s growing commercial team works closely with prospects and existing customers and enables them to realize operational improvements and to generate new revenue streams. To further strengthen our business and competencies in Europe, we are a looking for a head of the rail cargo segment reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Plan, develop and implement Nexxiot’s European rail cargo strategy together with the management team.
- Manage rail cargo specific knowledge creation and management.
- Open doors into strategic target accounts and establish relationships with senior prospect and customer representatives.
- Make value proposition tangible to decision makers, showcase applications and business value; enable account managers to close deals.
- Analyze customer’s business opportunities, determine and build use cases, case studies and value books.
- Provide input into solutions and technology team regarding customer requirements and roadmap prioritization.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; track individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Represent Nexxiot at key industry events and within associations.
- University degree or comparable work experience.
- Relevant professional experience in the field of rail cargo management and/ or operations ideally in an international environment; experience in managing digitization projects is a plus.
- Deep understanding of European rail cargo industry ideally with existing top-level professional network and contacts.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker.
- Strong track record in designing and implementing business development strategies and project delivery.
- Structured working-style, potentially acquired during previous experience in consulting and/ or and project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally other European languages.
- Willing to travel (approx. 25%).
This role will be based either in our Hamburg or Zurich office. Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your CV via our careerportal or the button below.
Nexxiot is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and is an important driver of our success and culture.