- Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, VA, USA
NexThreat is becoming a leader in the Cyber Security field with an employee-driven company with an owner who is hands-on. We pride ourselves in treating our employees as a family, allowing all of us to grow and succeed. We believe in full transparency from the CEO down, making sure every employee's voice is heard. With contracts fro DHS, Morgan Stanley, Koch Industries, and VISA, join our growing family and help us discover the NexThreat.
NexThreat is seeking a motivated, self-managing and success oriented Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in the Reston VA area. This position will be supporting a large CDM DEFEND effort that is currently in progress
The Cyber Security Architect provides support to DHS and Agency customers as well as NexThreat corporate goals, focused on providing strong Architectural insight and guidance to develop and architect the next generation of cybersecurity in support of DHS’ CDM Program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build, implement and operate enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
Experience with any of the listed agencies is a plus: DHS, SEC, FDIC, SBA, HUD, HUD-OIG, EPA, NSF, NRC
- Experience as a Post Sales Engineer – Huge Plus
- A Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- ISC2 CISSP is preferred
- Certifications such as CCIE, CCSP, Security+, CCNP Security, CCNA Security, CISA, GSE, SCNA, GCIH, and/or GLSC is highly desired
- Experience in a Security engineering team on projects similar to the size, scope, and complexity of enterprise level environments
- Experience in TOGAF, Federal Enterprise Architecture or similar Enterprise Architecture models.
- Experience in NIST RMF or CDM Framework
- A minimum 4 years of experience in engineering security solutions. ( example : Vulnerability, IAM, SIEM, Log management, HIPS, AV, etc)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have the ability to receive DHS EOD Clearance.