.NET Application Developer
- 6th and Kipling, Denver, Colorado, us
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen is currently seeking a “.NET Application Developer” to be responsible for development/maintenance of both current and future desktop and web based applications implemented using ASP .NET and Web Services. The technology stack used includes Windows server, IIS 7, and Microsoft SQL server. The ideal candidate will possess excellent problem solving abilities, general knowledge of software development procedures and practices, intermediate to advanced SQL skills, at least 3 years of, ASP .NET and Web Services development and support experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Develop/maintain both current and future desktop and web based applications written using Microsoft technologies.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
· Work closely with the Client User Representatives to troubleshoot and design solutions that meet requirements.
· Accurately and effectively communicate with the Project Manager and/or Team Lead the level of effort to implement proposed solutions, the current status of on-going work, and any potential issues.
· Work well in both a team environment as well as a sole contributor with little or no supervision.
· Possess excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
· Adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work creatively with minimal supervision.
· Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Utilization of MS Office tools for organization and documentation.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in design, development and support of ASP .NET MVC and WebAPI applications on the Microsoft technology stack.
· 3-5 years of experience in complete lifecycle including design, development, deployment and support of desktop and web based applications.
· Extensive experience with ASP.NET MVC and applications built using this architecture, including controllers.
· Experience using .NET core.
· Experience implementing solutions with AngularJS 2.x and above.
· Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge including experience writing and deciphering complex SQL queries.
· Knowledge of Relational Database Concepts.
· Understanding of Document Object Model.
· Experience with deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting C# .NET and ASP.NET applications both on IIS and the desktop environments.
· Knowledge of deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting desktop applications in a Citrix environment.
· Experience with using the ESRI Web map API in web applications.
Strong analytical skills.
Ability to work independently.
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements (preferred but not required):
· Experience with creating and maintaining iOS, Windows and Android native mobile apps.
· Experience with ESRI Web map API.
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
· The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
· Experience with documenting complex, technical processes.
· The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
· US Citizenship or work-authorization.