Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
- 6th and Kipling, Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Install, setup, configure, and maintain multiple SQL Server database instances in a demanding enterprise.
· Recommend appropriate schedules to perform and monitor data backups.
· Monitor and review database instances to identify potential maintenance and tuning issues.
· Analyze operational maintenance issues and recommend performance enhancements.
· Develop/implement plans and schedules for patches, version and release upgrades and migrations.
· Ensure continuity of the operational environment and customer satisfaction.
· Data analysis and cleansing including verification and validation of data quality.
· Respond to customer requests in a professional and timely manner.
· Investigate potential data related issues, by examining the data, relationships, triggers and stored procedures within the database.
· The candidate possesses excellent oral and written communication, analytical skills, is an effective team player as well as operate effectively with minimal supervision.
· 5+ years’ experience with SQL Server as an administrator. Preferably supporting 2017 installations.
· Installation and configuration experience
· 5+ years’ experience with query writing and tuning
· SQL Server database administration and management with demonstrable experience in database creation, design, performance tuning, physical and logical data modeling to support custom database installation.
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
· Certified MS SQL Server Database Administrator
· Experience using SQL Server in an Esri environment would be a plus.
· Knowledge of transformation architectures
· Experience using Informatica
· Experience supporting Java Enterprise Edition (JEE®) framework based applications on SQL Server databases.
· Experience interacting with Oracle 11g/12c databases.
· A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization