Senior Drupal Developer - Part time
- 6th and Kipling, Denver, CO, us
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen is currently seeking a Drupal Developer to perform development/maintenance of both current and future web applications written using Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) technology stack. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative, highly motivated and goal-oriented team player with 5+ years of Drupal development experience within the LAMP stack, strong knowledge of MySQL databases, and working knowledge of the Linux platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Establishing websites (to include theming), utilizing unified architecture and design, on cloud hosted environment
- Migrating of content from previous version(s) of websites
- Drupal troubleshooting, user administration, development tasks, and CMS add-ons
- Other support requests within the Drupal environment
Accurately and effectively communicate with the Project Manager and/or Team Lead the level of effort to implement proposed solutions, the current status of on-going work, and any potential issues.
Work well in both a team environment as well as a sole contributor with little or no supervision.
Possess excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
Adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work creatively with minimal supervision.
Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Drupal development, Drupal system maintenance
- Expert level PHP programming experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design, development and support of Web development in Drupal.
- 3 years of experience in complete life-cycle of design, development, deployment and support of a web application.
- Working knowledge of Linux, MySQL
- Knowledge of Relational Database Concepts and ability to write and troubleshoot complex SQL queries
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
Acquia Certification is highly desirable
Experience with the OpenPublic Drupal distribution
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and must be a team player with exception work ethics and positive attitude.
The successful candidate will be required to pass federal background screening prior to employment.