Senior Oracle Apex Developer - Full Stack
- 6th and Kipling, Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
xGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Senior Oracle Application Express (APEX) Developer to maintain existing enterprise applications. This includes supporting production applications as well as troubleshooting, and implementing bug fixes as well as minor enhancements. The ideal candidate shall have proven track record in Apex technology. Must be proficient in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL. Must have experience with database structures and DDL. This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s teams, including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical
leads, and project managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Strong background in Oracle Apex development.
- Understanding of Oracle application configuration, SQL, PL/SQL package/procedure based programming, database object modeling, performance tuning for custom extensions, data conversions, data reporting and interface development.
- Applying documented program standards and conventions and assisting in development of the same.
- Developing and implementing appropriate error handling techniques.
- Familiarity with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle and the ability to follow through to code implementation, including Unit Testing and ongoing support.
- Enthusiasm, attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of projects are necessary.
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good time-management skills.
- Successful candidate will be required to clear a federal background screen.
- Demonstrable proficiency with:
- Oracle 11g/12C databases
- PL/SQL packages, functions and stored procedures
- Java Script, JQuery Ajax, XML, CSS
- SOAP based Web Services
- 7+ years hands-on experience developing Apex applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
- Experience with Oracle Application Express (Oracle APEX)
- Prior production support experience.
- Prior experience working in a government setting.
Skills/Requirements (preferred but not required):
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization