- 6th and Kipling, Denver, CO, us
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is
looking for a “SharePoint Developer” to provide portal, application and
web development using Microsoft SharePoint 2013, .net framework, C# and SQL
Server. Perform system development, administration, and design support to
create and modify workflow and collaboration tools to affect efficiencies
across the organization. Expertise surrounding the design of SharePoint farm
including infrastructure, SharePoint governance practices, and SharePoint
operations and administration is needed to successfully advise customers on the
proper integration and implementation for these new tools within an existing
SharePoint infrastructure. The Developer is responsible for managing the
complete system development lifecycle which includes converting requirements to
development, documentation, training, and support of ongoing O & M.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain
SharePoint 2013-based solutions, web parts, services and custom SharePoint
hosted and provider hosted apps.
- Develop and maintain documentation pertaining
to standards, procedures and techniques for administration, change
management, and problem resolution.
- Assist in project development, defining
technical requirements and developing solutions.
- Consult on SharePoint customization projects
and provide business case analysis for using out-of-box functionality and
development through SharePoint designer or customized solutions.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and DBA groups
on backup/recovery operations and disaster recovery testing.
- Oversee content management integration,
portals, collaboration environments, business process or other solutions
including search, records management, dash boarding, and business
- Must be able to define configuration
management processes for SharePoint.
- Test SharePoint developed applications.
- Must have a strong understanding of C#, .NET
framework and ASP.NET and Angular.
- A minimum of five years application
development experience with SharePoint Server, Web Services,
security, instrumentation, exception handling, and SharePoint branding.
- Experience working and supporting large,
complex or enterprise-wide solutions.
- Experience working in a SDLC environment.
- In depth understanding of Unit Test, System
test, and User Acceptance testing.
- In depth understanding of configuration,
change management and source control.
- Able to present solutions to clients.
- Able to develop technical and project-related documentation.
- Willing to write detailed documentation and
adhere to corporate standards/change management policies.
- Able to work on a team or independently in a
fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience and success managing
- Planning and administration of project
tasks and dependencies.
- Facilitating cross-functional requirement
- Excellent conceptual and analytical
- Excellent problem solving skills, with
the ability to seek out and find alternate solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science,
Information Systems, or other related field or Equivalent work
- A minimum of 6+ years of Microsoft.NET
development with a minimum of 3+ years of pure SharePoint development,
configuration and implementation experience on enterprise initiatives.
- At least 3-5 years in technical development on
- Must have in-depth knowledge of SharePoint 2013
including Branding, Content Management, Workflow, BCS, InfoPath,
Search, Records Management, Office Integration, and Excel Services.
- MCSD certification preferred.
- The successful candidate will also be able to
pass background screening prior to employment.
- US Citizenship or
The following skills are
Experience working with the
federal government or related experience