GIS - Windows Administrator with Active Security Clearance
- 6th Avenue and Kipling St., Denver, CO, us
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
Windows/Citrix Administrator NexGen is currently seeking a Windows/Citrix Administrator with experience in Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 thru Xenapp 6.5 Server Farms Administration, Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server System Administration. Microsoft SQL 2005/2008 Database Administration, or ESRI ArcGIS Desktop/Server/SDE Administration is a plus. Have an understanding of VMWare, NAS, and SAN Storage Solutions. Additional Applications experience a plus; BMC Remedy Ticketing System, Apache Tomcat 6.x, Microsoft .Net Framework 2/3/4, Adobe Reader/Pro 9/10, Symantec Antivirus. Must be a team player with excellent troubleshooting skills. Past government experience and an active MBI or greater clearance is required. Should be comfortable working with multiple teams and team members that report into different organizations and have the ability to break down communication barriers to get the job done. Experience working in an agile environment with daily standup meetings and juggling shifting priorities. Excellent communication / documentation skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Performs professional level work in computer systems analysis and design.
• Plan, design, develop, install, configure, test, de-bug, administer, maintain, upgrade and document computer systems in all environments (Test, Development, Acceptance, training and Production), to requirements.
• Position requires research skills, effective communications and ability to collaborate with team members and stakeholders, providing constructive feedback as necessary.
• The qualified candidate will manage the GIS system, including its administration, application configurations, and source code control.
• Provide status to management.
• Develop and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for GIS System Administration and appropriate use.
• Provide technical guidance and support for incident management and problem solving to ensure user satisfaction.
• Perform comprehensive program and system tests to ensure conformance with design specifications.
• Coordinate and perform all required upgrades and system patching to the systems hosting infrastructure.
• Federal Government Security Clearance or Public Trust Background Investigation
• The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience with strong knowledge of Windows 2003/2008, along with an MCSE certification.
• Active government clearance (MBI or greater).
• 2 to 4 years of experience desired with the following: o Experience with Citrix Web Interface 4.5 thru 6.5 o Experience with Publishing Citrix Applications (Seamless/Non Seamless)
o Experience with Citrix Performance, Scalability, and Tuning.
o Experience with Windows 2003/2008 OS Installation and Configuration
o Experience with at least a 25 Plus Server Environment
o Experience with Microsoft IIS 6.0/7.0 o Experience with Registry Editing, Batch Scripting, VB Scripting etc.
o Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Security, and DFS.
o Experience with SQL Server Installation and Configuration
o Experience with SQL Scripting and Queries o Experience with SQL Database Replication, Tuning, and Optimization
o Experience with SQL Authentication/Security (Active Directory Integrated)
o Experience with SQL Database Backups/Restores
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements: • The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player. • US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required. • Experience with ESRI SDE 9.3.x thru 10.x Environments • Experience with ESRI SDE Replication (One/Two Way) • Experience with ESRI Versioning and Archiving • Experience with ESRI Direct Connect (3 Tier) • Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and Server
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
• Knowledge of Jasper and BIRT reporting tools.
• The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
• The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
• US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.