Report Developer/Analyst -OBIEE
- 6th and Kipling, Denver, CO, United States
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.Other duties may be assigned:
- 5+ years experience with Data Modeling (ODI-Oracle Data Integrator)
- Strong SQL skills • Expertise in Report Writing
- Effectively and accurately communicate with management regarding project status, issue identification and remediation
- High quality customer service skills including strong training skills
- Deliver reliable and high quality code to meet requirements within tight deadlines
- Translate business specifications into a cohesive software design and implementation
- Design, build, and test Cognos Impromptu reports
- Seek innovative ways to improve the process of delivering solutions to clients
- Ensuring correct and prompt development of reports and related services
- Maintaining existing reports developed under contract
- Report writing, installation, customization and training
- Verify correctness of data extraction and reporting functionality
- Refactor SQL and stored procs to enable reuse and improve robustness
- Analyze problem incidents, debug SQL and implement fixes
- Implementation of technical solutions will require a mastery of development tools used throughout the Software Development Lifecycle process
- Create solutions from concept to implementation developing in object oriented languages
- Ability to analyze and work with complex system integrations
• OBIEE expertise
• Experience with impromptu reports – ability to modify existing reports and create new reports.
• Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries against Oracle and SQL Server databases
• Familiarity with Databases such as Oracle/SQL Server and strong in SQL and PL/SQL
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools reporting systems, such as SSRS or CrystalReports
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
• Ten years experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Products
• Five years experience with PL/SQL query writing experience
• Two years experience programming Java
• Oracle database Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
• 1 to 3 years experience with Congos Impromptu development
• Jasper or BIRT • Microsoft Report Services
• The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
• The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
• US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.