- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for an
outstanding Technical Manager to
manage and lead the design, development, and maintenance of Web-based
multi-tier JEE applications. We are searching for an individual with
experience in project management and hands-on JEE application development.
This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s
and client’s teams, including but not limited to domain experts, and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage transition, ramp-up, and ramp-down activities
- Manage overall project scope and resource to ensure an on-time on-budget delivery
- Preparation of the Project Management Plan addressing how to manage schedule, and risk
- Provide interface and be responsive in overall project communication
- Prepare and deliver status reports
- Participate in regular and ad hoc meetings regarding project delivery
- Participate in planning meetings as requested
- Prepare transition plans as necessary
- Define project scope and objectives
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Conduct project meetings and responsible for tracking and analysis
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
Bachelor of Science- Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong background in Java programming language.
- 3 years in a hands-on technical lead/project management role
- Understanding of Object Oriented concepts, design patterns, and modern application frameworks, including various MVC paradigms.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle
- Verifiable proficiency in:
- IT Project Management
- Apache/Struts Framework
- Windows and UNIX (preferably AIX) operating systems
- Developing within Eclipse and/or JDeveloper IDEs
- Oracle AS or another well-known application server platform
- Oracle databases
- SOAP based WebServices
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
Experience and/or knowledge of the following would be considered a plus:
- 4-5 years experience in J2EE application development with at least
- Experience in managing Federal Government IT projects using EVM techniques is highly desirable
- PMP Certification is a strong plus
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization
NexGen Technologies, Inc. provides a dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities for professional growth. We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K-matching, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.