Salesforce Developer - part-time 100% remote contract
- 701 Brazos St, Austin, TX, United States
The News Revenue Hub is nonprofit, mission driven organization that helps news organizations build financial stability in a time of great crisis.
We combine the use of technology and hands-on support to help our member organizations manage their databases; automate time consuming processes; communicate with constituents; and raise funds for their organization. We do this because we believe the public deserves access to high quality journalism. Learn more about us here: https://fundjournalism.org
- Customize Salesforce including APEX, VisualForce, Process Automation, Custom Trigger development, Data Modeling and Management, API development, and External Service Integration.
- Provide support of the Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, custom objects and workflow rules.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of applications while adhering to standards developed by the technical architecture team.
- Participate in user story workshops and estimation sessions.
- Participate in sprint planning and sprint review sessions.
- Participate in team code reviews.
- Peer review other team members’ completed user stories and provide feedback.
- Collaboratively manage source control with team including branching and merging procedures.
- Create and organize automated unit tests adhering to code coverage requirements.
- Understanding of common software development design patterns and ability to incorporate into technical solution.
- Ability to provide support during non-standard work hours or during an unplanned outage or emergency if needed.
- 2 years developing and maintaining SFDC applications.
- Experience with SFDX.
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Salesforce certification helpful but not required.
- MailChimp API experience helpful but not required.
- Experience with NPSP (Nonprofit Success Pack) helpful.
- Automated testing experience.
- Python experience helpful.
- Fluent in writing SOQL queries.
This is a 100% remote part-time contracting position. Hours are flexible.