Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Remote)
- 102 Pilling St, Brooklyn, NY 11207, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Screening Question Set: Doctors
For over 45 years, New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC) has been at the forefront of mental health and wellness; assisting children, families, and individuals with behavioral and emotional challenges at our five locations throughout the city.
NYPCC is the leading pioneer of community mental health services, serving over 15,000 clients per month. We run and operate the largest clinic in the State of New York and pride ourselves on innovation and “caring for the community” by providing in-person and telehealth services for our clients, while offering an unsurpassable and competitive compensation structure and benefits package to our team of dedicated employees.
Why Work For NYPCC?
- Amazing Workplace Culture
- Team Building & Company Outings
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance is Paid for by NYPCC 100%
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Annual Rate Increases
- 403B Retirement Plan
- Opportunity to Give Back to the Community
- Job Stability and Growth Opportunities
Are You a Good Fit?
We are currently seeking warm and empathetic Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners. Full-Time and Part-Time positions are available with flexible scheduling.
The position will be remote. Out of state individuals with an active New York State License are welcome to apply.
As a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, and under the supervision of a psychiatrist (if required), the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide advanced clinical psychiatric nursing care, including:
- Performing psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management of clients
- Prescribing or recommending medication or other forms of treatment or related therapeutic procedures
- Ordering, interpreting, and evaluating diagnostic tests to identify and assess clients' clinical problems and health care needs
- Ordering laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures
- Referring clients to specialized health resources for treatment
- Performing crisis intervention
- Communicating with healthcare professionals, families, and staff members to ensure ongoing quality delivery of health services
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nurse practitioner program is required
- Must be currently licensed in New York State as a psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Must be currently certified with the DEA to prescribe medication.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines, including clinical and clerical staff
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and psychopharmacological treatment skills
- Strong clinical skills working with individuals with mental illness
- Dedication to team-based care
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, to assist children and adults of diverse backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, and sexual preferences.
- Must be registered as a NY State Medicaid provider. Must have a DEA# and an individual NPI #.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus!
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits are available for full-time positions including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Salary Increases, Bonuses, 403b Retirement Plan and more. In addition, our licensed professionals have free access to our online Continuing Education Courses. Perkins and other loan forgiveness may also be available, in addition to our Student Loan Pay Down incentive.
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center is a fast-paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with a passion for our mission. We offer a very competitive salary and flexible hours.
NYPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.