Tissue Recovery Specialist [Surgical Tech / OR / ER]
- Waltham, MA, USA
New England Donor Services (NEDS) is seeking experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join our team and become part of what the Boston Globe has recognized as one of the Top 100 Women-Led Businesses in Massachusetts 2018, 2019 & 2020.
Saving lives through organ and tissue donation is the mission uniting our employees and drives the work we do.
You have the opportunity to advance your healthcare career at New England Donor Services by joining a dynamic, professional team whose mission is to save and heal lives through tissue donation.
As a Tissue Recovery Specialist, you will become a member of a professional surgical team where you will be trained to aseptically remove bones, skin, veins, corneas, heart-for-valves and additional tissues from deceased donors while developing your technical skills in ways you never imagined possible.
Your colleagues should describe you as a positive team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and mission-driven. You take great pride in your work and are motivated by the thought of being able to touch countless lives as a direct result of your work and through our mission.
As a full-time employee, you will be scheduled for 3 12-hour shifts per week. The schedule is comprised of 3 2-week rotations which include:
Days (2 weeks) 10 am-10:30 pm
Evenings (2 Weeks) 2:00 pm-2:30 am
Nights (2 Weeks) 10:00 pm-10:30 am
You will have every other weekend off, and the standard 1.5 overtime calculation will apply for hours worked beyond 40 hours in a given workweek. Additional mandatory training and meetings required.
This position is based in Waltham, MA. However, it is likely you will travel throughout New England in NEDS vehicles. Must be comfortable with long periods of driving and possible travel in a small aircraft.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, disciplined, detail-oriented, independent, adaptable, team-oriented and possesses the stamina required to succeed in this intense and rewarding clinical setting.
- Associates degree or minimum 2 years professional experience
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills by multi-tasking and applying Standard Operating Procedures during day-to-day work functions
- Must be able to manage multiple systems and computer applications
- Must have an intermediate understanding of medical terminology
- Ability to adapt to variable working conditions
When you join New England Donor Services you can expect competitive salaries and a great benefit package. Benefits include a generous Paid Time-off program, BCBS Health Insurance, BCBS Dental Insurance, 2x Annual Salary Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability Coverage, Long-term Disability Coverage, 403b Retirement Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program and Discounts through Working Advantage.
New England Donor Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply to meet the needs of the multicultural and multilingual communities we serve.