Donation Coordinator - Regional Team Leader
- Hartford, CT
New England Donor Services (NEDS) is seeking experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join our team and become part of what the Boston Globe has recognized as a Top Place to Work in 2014, 2015, & 2016.
Saving lives through organ and tissue donation is the mission uniting our employees and drives the work we do.
The Donation Coordinator – Regional Team Leader (DC-RTL) will provide direct support to the Regional Team Director. While responsible for fulfilling the requirements of a Donation Coordinator (DC) role, the DC-RTL will also be responsible for building a “Team Culture” within the team by fostering trust, commitment, accountability and attention to the performance goals established by the organization. The DC-RTL will coach and mentor staff in collaboration with the Regional Team Director. Functions in the role of the trainer by guiding and coaching Donation Coordinator orientees on referrals and cases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Be available to respond to cases on designated call days to meet changing organizational needs, including some weekends and holidays.
- Follow standard work guidelines, report updates primary DC and document all required information in True North
- Conduct organ donor evaluation and assess medical suitability in collaboration with Clinical Director on Call (CDOC).
- Facilitate organ donor management and organ allocation on active cases.
- Provides assistance to Team colleagues if needed for in-service education with clinical staff, Death Record Review (DRR).
- Attend planned meetings if not responding to cases.
- On designated weekends, provides rotating coverage to all Teams within the entire NEDS service area as Clinical Resource. While on call:
- Takes all referrals and coordinating allocation of team resources.
- Assists staff in accessing appropriate resources to facilitate the donation process.
- Maintains communication with staff during cases.
- Be available on call to answer questions in real time.
- Works with other DCs – TLs if resources need to be shared.
- Collaborates with Hospital Relation Coordinators (HRCs) to make sure Hospital Development activities are delegated to all Team members.
- Ensures adequate Team staffing – constructs monthly schedule, coordinates benefit time (BT) and adjusts call schedule as needed.
- At the request of the Regional Team Director, performs on-site audits to assure compliance with current practices and policies; assess job skills of team members.
- Monitor team performance and metrics to identify successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Escalate issues to Regional Director, ODS, as appropriate.
- Partners with the Regional Team Director to plan monthly Team meeting.
•Must have demonstrated skill in Donation Coordinator role
•Optimal candidates have critical care or trauma experience with medical/clinical credentials including experience managing complicated clinical events
•Must have reliable transportation
•Must have valid driver’s license and insurance (extensive driving throughout New England is required)
•Must have critical thinking skills and keen clinical assessment skills
•Must have ability to work long hours (could be out over 24 hours)
•Must be compassionate and have conflict resolution skills
•Must be able to sit, stand or bend for extended period of time
•Must have great work ethic and be forward thinking
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and five years experience in a related field.
Critical care experience and/or training to include RN, PA, Respiratory Therapist and/or related experience.
Must have a valid state driver's license
Ideal candidates live in near Hartford, CT
When you join New England Donor Services you can expect competitive salaries and a great benefit package. Benefits include a generous Paid Time-off program, BCBS Health Insurance, BCBS Dental Insurance, 2x Annual Salary Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability Coverage, Long-term Disability Coverage, 403b Retirement Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program and Discounts through Working Advantage.
New England Donor Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply to meet the needs of the multicultural and multilingual communities we serve.