Hospital Relations Coordinator
- Boston, MA
New England Donor Services (NEDS) is seeking experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join our team and become part of what the Boston Globe has recognized as a Top Place to Work in 2014, 2015, & 2016.
Saving lives through organ and tissue donation is the mission uniting our employees and drives the work we do.
As a Hospital Relations Coordinator (HRC) you will be responsible for maximizing donation rates in hospitals by ensuring that standard hospital referral and family communication processes are in place. The HRC works across functions with all New England Donor Services associates to facilitate a well-coordinated effort in service area hospitals.
- Fostering strong working relationships with neuroscientists, intensivists, trauma surgeons, and other key physician groups as well as nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Developing and implementing strategies with accountability to optimize donation rates.
- Designing and delivering professional education presentations to key clinicians within hospital forums and committee structures.
- Providing facilitation and support during potential donor referrals and conducting prompt follow-up to identify process improvement opportunities.
- May participate in consent discussions for donation with families.
- Schedule is typically M – F, 9 – 5. Must have flexibility with hours to meet hospital’s needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration, healthcare marketing or a related field. Clinical degree and/or Master’s Degree a plus
- A minimum of 6 years of related professional experience with a demonstrated record of success
- Must be able to assimilate information from multiple sources to characterize processes that occur within complex clinical scenarios surrounding end-of-life patient care
- Superior problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills are essential
- Must demonstrate ability to act effectively and independently on behalf of NEDS at high levels within the hospital setting with minimal supervision
- Situational analysis and adaptation of communication style are critical
- Must be able to function well in a fast paced environment adapting to rapidly changing priorities and schedules on a daily basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of a patient care delivery environment
- Must live in or near Boston, MA / Waltham, MA
When you join New England Donor Services you can expect competitive salaries and a great benefit package. Benefits include a generous Paid Time-off program, BCBS Health Insurance, BCBS Dental Insurance, 2x Annual Salary Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability Coverage, Long-term Disability Coverage, Long-term Care Coverage, 403b Retirement Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program and Discounts through Working Advantage.
New England Donor Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply to meet the needs of the multicultural and multilingual communities we serve.