- 20 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Network Perception was launched in 2014 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-
Champaign Research Park. Founded by a team of experts on network security and critical
infrastructure protection, Network Perception delivers a pioneering solution that enables
corporate compliance and cyber security managers to gain a complete view of their network
security and to immediately determine if its configuration is in alignment with best practices and regulatory standards.
About the Role
We are searching for a QA Engineer to support the build of our QA infrastructure and testing processes of our 2 core products, NP View and NP Live. Our new (but quickly growing) internal QA team is currently tasked with building, from the ground up, our processes, harnesses, environments, and tools from both an automation and manual testing perspective to ensure a high-quality product.
- In the first 90 days, you can learn our product by leveraging your QA knowledge and expertise to assisting our client facing teams with technical support - this is a great way to learn the product, and because we’re small, every issue has a direct customer impact.
- Once you’ve hit your stride on the team at around 6 months, you’ll start taking direct ownership of writing new automated test cases and more directly supporting automation initiatives.
We’re a very small, close knit team with big growth plans and we expect our 3rd QA hire to own a significant portion of our overall QA strategy and execution. We believe that working as an Engineer at Network Perception provides an opportunity to have a meaningful, significant impact on a product enabling the security of our most critical infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field
- 3+ years of overall software QA Experience and 1+ years with exposure in automation
- Past professional development experience with the following technologies:
- Java or Python programming
- Knowledge of Selenium or automation frameworks
- Agile methodologies
- A strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and an “automate first” approach
- An understanding of Agile/Scrum development and a collaborative, proactive attitude
- A willingness to join a fast-paced, dynamic environment and a small, close knit team with the ability to help implement structure and processes to scale
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.