- 20 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Network Perception was launched in 2014 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-
Champaign Research Park. Founded by a team of experts on network security and critical infrastructure protection, Network Perception delivers a pioneering solution that enables corporate compliance and cyber security managers to gain a complete view of their network security and to immediately determine if its configuration is in alignment with best practices and regulatory standards.
About the Role
We are searching for a Software Engineer to assist in the development of specific backend services for our 2 core products, NP View and NP Live. This is a new position on a growing team, so you’ll be exposed to all areas of the code base but be focused mostly on backend development initiatives.
- In the first 90 days, you can help us work through our backlog with customer issues – this is a great way to learn the product, and because we’re small, every issue has a direct customer impact.
- After you have gotten the chance to get up-to-speed your focus will be working on the design and development of revenue-generating backend features and functionality and converting parser libraries.
We’re a very small, close knit team with big growth plans. We believe that working as an Engineer at Network Perception provides an opportunity to have a meaningful, significant impact on a product enabling the security of our most critical infrastructure
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field
- Recent professional development experience with the following languages and technologies:
- Experience with Python (Golang an additional plus)
- Experience with Tornado or Flask web frameworks
- Experience using non-relational databases (Redis or NoSQL)
- Experience with XML, JSON, CSV
- Agile processes, Jira and Git
- Networking concepts such as VLAN, NAT, VPN and network device configuration
- A strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding best practices
- An understanding of Agile/Scrum development and a collaborative, proactive attitude
- A willingness to join a fast-paced, dynamic environment and a small, close knit team with the ability to help implement structure and processes to scale
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.