- 20 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Network Perception is a security software startup that was launched in 2014 by a team of network security researchers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is achieving 100% growth year over year and looking to build its first sales team. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to get in early with a new tech company in a fast-growing market. Our flagship product was launched in 2015 in the energy industry and has become the dominant platform for network auditing and compliance in its niche. We now need to build our team and expand into new opportunities.
Network Perception is looking for a driven, highly motivated sales representative interested in joining an exciting early stage company in the network security space. The core responsibilities for this position are generating leads and meeting sales goals. Duties will include orchestrating sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients. This is the initial hire of this position within the company and candidates must be comfortable working with management as we build our sales team. Network Perception is a high growth early stage technology company that has launched two innovative and cutting-edge products in the network security industry. The company was founded at the University of Illinois by a team of industry leading security experts.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understating of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage.
- Generating leads
- Managing and follow up on all inbound leads
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Assist in negotiating all contracts with prospective clients
- Maintaining all prospect contacts and information in the company CRM
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs
- Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders
- Answering client questions regarding products, prices and availability
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field.
- 5+ years sales experience.
- Comfortable cold calling
- Knowledge of the network security industry preferred
- Team oriented
- Understanding of sales process and dynamics.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks, including Salesforce.com
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast paced, early stage environment.
Location: Position is located in Chicago. Candidates must already live within commuting distance or be flexible to relocate.
Compensation: We are willing and able to put together the right package for the right person. We would like to hire someone who is motivated and confident in their ability to be successful in this role. Compensation plan will include base salary, bonus, and a very substantial benefits program that includes generous paid time off, full coverage of medical plan (PPO), vision, dental, disability, life insurance, parental leave, and a professional development fund.
Network Perception is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.