Technical Support Specialist for Network Security Software
- 20 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Network Perception is a security software startup that was launched in 2014 by a team of network security researchers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is achieving 100% growth year over year and looking to strengthen its technical support services. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to get in early with a new tech company in a fast-growing market. Our flagship product was launched in 2015 in the energy industry and has become the dominant platform for network auditing and compliance in its niche.
Network Perception is looking for a driven, highly motivated technical support person interested in joining an exciting early stage company in the network security space. The core responsibilities for this position are managing support requests and being the liaison between clients and the software development team. Duties will include creating support tickets, responding to client requests, orchestrating support calls and gathering the necessary information to address technical issues in a timely manner. This is the initial hire of this position within the company and candidates must be comfortable working with management and the team of developers. Network Perception is a high growth early stage technology company that has launched two innovative and cutting-edge products in the network security industry. The company was founded at the University of Illinois by a team of industry leading security experts.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understating of networking concepts, and also experience with professional software development. This is a client facing position and candidates must have strong communication skills and be comfortable working directly with clients. Previous experience in a technical support role is an advantage.
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related) with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge about networking protocols and the TCP/IP stack
- Perfect understanding of access control lists, address translation, tunneling, and standard routing protocols
- Fluent with Unix toolset and Git
- Experience in Python, Web development, and large code base
- Manage technical support requests generated by clients.
- Create support tickets and follow up with clients
- Schedule support call to understand technical issues and gather information to address them
- Work with software developers to fix technical issues
- Understand technical issues related to network architecture, network access control, routing, and network device configurations
- Prepare and provide reports on technical support service requests and response time
Location: Position is located in Chicago. Candidates must already live within commuting distance or be flexible to relocate.
Compensation: We are willing and able to put together the right package for the right person. We would like to hire someone who is motivated and confident in their ability to be successful in this role. Compensation plan will include base salary, bonus, and a very substantial benefits program that includes generous paid time off, full coverage of medical plan (PPO), vision, dental, disability, life insurance, parental leave, and a professional development fund.
Network Perception is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.