Network Software Engineer
- 20 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Network Perception is a security software startup that was launched in 2014 by a team of network security researchers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is achieving 100% growth year over year and looking to strengthen its software development team. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to get in early with a new tech company in a fast-growing market. Our flagship product was launched in 2015 in the energy industry and has become the dominant platform for network auditing and compliance in its niche.
As a Network Software Engineer at Network Perception, you will lead the design and implementation of a state-of-the-art network modeling solution that is a core part of our software products. This position combines in-depth knowledge about networking protocols and access control algorithms with extensive software engineering practice and the ability to implement reliable software modules with highly-usable APIs. Network Perception is an exciting high growth early stage technology company that has launched two innovative and cutting-edge products in the network security industry. The company was founded at the University of Illinois by a team of industry leading security experts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge about networking protocols and the TCP/IP stack
- Perfect understanding of access control lists, address translation, tunneling, and standard routing protocols
- Strong expertise in Python and large code base
- Fluent with Unix toolset and Git
- Solid experience with test-driven development
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related) with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Lead the implementation of a network modeling module
- Analyze complex requirements and identify efficient design options
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Design and implement data storage solutions
- Collaborate as a full time member of the software development team
- Participate in code reviews and research discussions
- Support quality assessment operations and technical requests from developers and users
Additional experience highly desirable:
- Experience with high-performance computing, scalable memory allocation, and/or task scheduling
- Knowledge of high-performance programming language such as C++ or Golang
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and discuss options
- Strong knowledge of formal methods and software verification
- Experience with computer security and secure programming
Location: Position is located in Chicago. Candidates must already live within commuting distance or be flexible to relocate.
Compensation: We are willing and able to put together the right package for the right person. We would like to hire someone who is motivated and confident in their ability to be successful in this role. Compensation plan will include base salary, bonus, and a very substantial benefits program that includes generous paid time off, full coverage of medical plan (PPO), vision, dental, disability, life insurance, parental leave, and a professional development fund.
Network Perception is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.