Senior Ruby Engineer
- Washington, DC
Network for Good believes small and local nonprofits have important missions and deserve great software and services to power their fundraising and fuel those missions. We use data, technology, and the power of networks to eliminate the daily fundraising grind that most nonprofit leaders endure. Network for Good provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) fundraising solutions and education that have delivered over $1.5 billion to more than 125,000 charities since 2001.
Started as a 501c3 nonprofit, Network for Good recently became a for-profit company and a certified B Corporation with a mission focus. We are now in growth mode and seeking energetic and innovative team members who want to make a big impact for our customers. If being part of an organization with big dreams and a social mission appeals to you, Network for Good may be your next adventure.
People who thrive at Network for Good are those who enjoy a fast-moving, team-oriented environment that’s always focused on achieving results and ultimately makes the world a better place. In addition to our vibrant atmosphere and collaborative culture we offer awesome perks and a competitive salary and benefits package, including stock options. By working for Network for Good you will not only be rewarded for your personal achievements but you will also have the opportunity to be part of an organization that lives by its motto every day: Do Good. Feel Good. ™
Network for Good is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails engineer who desires both technical challenges and creating code for good. We are a fast growing company that serves small non-profits through several innovative interconnected SaaS applications. We want to add someone with creativity and proven skills to our talented and distributed team.
The key responsibilities are:
• Adhere to our coding best practices (SOLID, RobuCop), or teach us new ones.
• Offer innovative technology solutions and concepts that improve the lives of our non-profit customers.
• Work on all phases of the development lifecycle, including new feature design and development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, refactoring, and regression testing.
• Explore and apply new technologies, such as Reactjs, Vue.js, micro-services.
• Detect and remediate performance bottlenecks with caching, lazy-loading, SQL indexing and query refactoring, analysis of NewRelic and Skylight results, among others.
• Communicate and collaborate with fellow engineers through ScreenHero, PR reviews, and Slack.
• At least three+ years of experience developing large-scale Ruby on Rails applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Experience with multi-tenant SaaS applications.
• Understanding of relational databases and SQL performance tuning concepts.
• Accepted PR’s in open source projects a plus.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines and keep up with our fast paced, ever-growing environment.
• Ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master proficient decision-making skills.
• Proficient ability to use the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Network for Good is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital or parental status, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.