R&D SW Engineer (SW/Data/DevOps)
- Seniority: Experienced
- Specialty: Software Development
We are Netcompany-Intrasoft, a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group with strong international presence and expertise, offering innovative and added-value solutions of the highest quality to a wide range of international and national public and private organizations. More than 500 organizations in over 70 countries worldwide have chosen the company's services and solutions to fulfill their business needs.
For more information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.netcompany-intrasoft.com.
We are looking for an experienced R&D Software Engineer for our offices in Athens
A day in the life of an experienced R&D Software Engineer
As a R&D Engineer, you will join the highly talented and multidisciplinary Research & Innovation Development (RID) team, and you will be able to address technical design and implementation tasks in a demanding and fast-paced environment associated with R&D projects (EU-funded research and innovation projects). As an ideal candidate you will need to have a strong background in problem-solving and abstract thinking, and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies so as to develop innovative solutions that address complex business requirements.
Your main duties will be:
- Lead and manage R&D projects, ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality solutions across Software, Data/ML, and DevOps engineering domains.
- Effectively contribute to important technical decisions and evaluate solutions, while maintaining a strong sense of responsibility and ownership. Be able to understand concerns and ideas inherent to distributed systems and deployments, including performance and security.
- Adapt to new technologies and methodologies quickly, demonstrating a continuous learning mindset.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver technical R&D solutions, innovative prototypes, and proof of concepts, leading to the pre-commercialization of new products/services.
- Contribute to R&D projects with your own, creative ideas. Propose follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas and by capitalizing upon the company’s existing offerings.
- Implement technical and scientific deliverables (state-of-art, requirements, conceptual architecture, specifications, implementation/integration plans, prototypes, testing, etc.)
- Communicate complex technical concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
By joining Netcompany - Intrasoft, a leading IT company, you will be part of a hub of 1.700+ tech enthusiasts in Greece. You will work using cutting-edge technologies that contribute to the design and delivery of solutions and products for challenging, large-scale IT projects, that affect the lives of millions of citizens around the globe
If you have
- MSc or BSc degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, software engineering, or related fields
- Proven experience (5+ years) in preferably large IT projects with strong usage of open-source frameworks, software, and tools
- Experience with all aspects of the system implementation process of system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing, and support
- Excellent problem-solving and abstract thinking skills, with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts
- A growth mindset and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and methodologies
- Experience with communicating requirements in writing and using technical design means (such as architecture diagrams, use case and activity diagrams, data/information flows, sequence diagrams, and system component diagrams)
- Passion for innovation and staying up to date with industry trends and advancements
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, ability to effectively communicate and cooperate with international partners and clients, technical writing, presentation, and organization skills
…then this position is suitable for you!
It would also be a plus if you had:
- Familiarity with ETL procedures and stream processing involving large datasets.
- Source code management (Git, code branches, commits, merges, etc.) with knowledge of CI/CD procedures, methodologies, and related tools including Jenkins, testing frameworks, and containerization technologies.
- Experience with (some, not all) of the following API architecture styles:
- SOAP (mainly for interoperability needs with legacy systems).
- Experience/familiarity with distributed processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark, Apache Flink).
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience with at least one of the following programming languages, frameworks, or libraries:
- Java with Spring Web Framework (or alternatively Quarkus) and proficiency with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Python with Django or Flask Framework and proficiency with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- React JS with Redux library (for managing application states).
- Experience with the following data engineering libraries/frameworks: Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Dask, Tensorflow, and PyTorch.
- Picking up new languages is also important. We also consider colleagues that are proficient with NodeJS or Go Lang.
This position comes with
- Competitive compensation packages
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods - unlimited access to Udemy for Business), and fast career growth
- Interesting and challenging tasks within large-scale projects
- An international dynamic within a fast-paced working environment
- The opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
We ensure equal opportunities, treatment, and consideration to all candidates. Discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor protected by applicable laws and regulations is prohibited. At Netcompany-Intrasoft we respect human rights as part of our culture, and we focus on creating a positive workplace in which all employees are valued and where diversity and inclusivity are welcomed.
The safety and well-being of our employees remain our top priority. Please note that Netcompany-Intrasoft’s recruitment process is being conducted virtually due to preventive measures against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our people are the most important element of our success. Our work life is well defined by our set of fundamental Values: https://bit.ly/3SSbBzU
*Please submit your CV in English
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.