Wireless Network Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Salary: Market Rate
Netcompany are actively seeking a wireless Network Engineer to join them to drive forward our delivery capability and deliver the optimum solutions to our clients. Based in South London, this is a great opportunity to join one of the most prestigious and forward-thinking technology enabled organisations in the UK.
Do you want to be part of the UK’s and Northern Europe’s most successful IT companies, where you will have a unique opportunity to make an impact on our many exciting projects, while you develop your own skills together with the most skilled employees in the IT business?
We believe that responsibility improves your abilities. Whether you are recently graduated from university or have many years of experience, you get a lot of responsibility from the moment you start at Netcompany. You’ll be working on some of the largest, most complex and technically innovative programmes and projects for some of the most prestigious organisations in the world.
In order to be considered for this role candidates must hold valid (SC) Security Clearance or be willing to undergo Clearance.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of Cisco Wireless LAN controllers (8540) and Cisco Access Points (3800)
- Awareness of the challenges deploying Wireless as the primary means of connecting user devices to the network and able to articulate these to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to implement the necessary measures to provide a secure and good quality end user network experience, particularly for voice and video services
- Production of Network High-Level Design (HLD) and Low-Level Design (LLD) documentation for review, approval and implementation purposes
- Experience of completing Wireless Site Surveys
- Experience of working within government departments and/or large enterprises
- Experience of network monitoring, diagnostic and testing tools covering latency, jitter and packet loss (e.g. Solarwinds and Wireshark)
- Articulate and conversant, with the confidence to take on tasks thoroughly without full supervision
- Strong attention to detail and methodical at all times
- Demonstrate professionalism to support a culture of integrity within the team
- Uphold professionalism with sensitive and confidential matters
- Genuine passion for technology, particularly with UC technology