AEM Solutions Architect
- London, UK
At Netcentric, we come to work every day knowing we’re part of the solution to the most complex challenges brands have ever faced: digital transformation. Consumer expectation of brands is increasing in a world that is more connected and fast-paced.
Netcentric is a dynamic and innovative service provider with a unique culture. We empower our employees to use their creativity, looking beyond tools and technology to unlock the full potential of the Adobe Experience Cloud, so that we can deliver visionary digital marketing solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
As part of the Cognizant Digital Business, we reap the benefits of combined expertise and access to multidisciplinary teams, forging ahead to become a leading customer experience player in Europe.
Our teams are based in some of the world’s most exciting cities - in Zurich, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dresden, Barcelona, Bucharest, London and Amsterdam. In all of our offices, you will find a culture that embraces over 48 different nationalities. You will also find some amazing views, fancy kitchens and cozy breakout areas for a bit of rest and relaxation.
And oh, did we mention that we empower employees to make meaningful decisions at work through Holacracy?
We are looking for a workmate who is following their vocation to spend time with web development and work with open source frameworks. You are a good fit if you consider yourself as a passionate techie who is willing to take over responsibility and share his expertise with others. Netcentric may probably feel like home for you if you are developing and want to develop together with us. AEM makes you curious.
You will be responsible for the entire delivery of a project. You will work closely together with the project manager to ensure a delivery exceeding the client's expectations. Main tasks are:
- defining the architecture of the solution, interacting with the client's architects
- write and refine technical specifications, provide effort estimations for requirements
- leading the development team (mostly distributed among various locations), reviewing code, coaching and guidance
- respect infrastructure requirements, synchronise with the project's lead system engineer
- ensuring quality and performance requirements are met, synchronise with the test manager
- release management
- development of critical parts of the systems
- ensuring reliable work environment for developers (IDE setups, Vagrant environments, Maven poms, Hudson, Sonar, dev and test systems)
What do we require?
- Hands-on experience with AEM
- Experience in leading a team, both technically and people management
- Great communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and business users
- 5+ years experience working in an international organisation and environment
- Strong knowledge of Java, especially in web projects
- Strong capacity to identify requirements and define technical solutions
- Extensive experience in leading java based web projects
- Knowledge of Patterns and Good Practices to design and develop quality and clean code
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience with testing at all levels: unit, integration, functional and performance
- Ability to extend existing products and leverage their APIs to create a customised web experience
- Familiarity with build tools, including Maven
- Knowledge of version control tools, especially Git
- Familiarity with task management, bug tracking, and wiki-based documentation tools like JIRA
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- A proactive mind-set, ability to share your ideas and bring them to life
- An open mind which is looking for continuous improvement
- Receiving and giving feedback is familiar to you, something you are not afraid of
- Eligibility to work within the EU and/or Switzerland
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with the Java Content Repository API (Jackrabbit / CRX)
- Knowledge of OSGi and its Declarative Services
- Ability to extend existing products and leverage their APIs to create a customized web experience
- Experience in professional development environments, such as Eclipse IDE
At Netcentric you can get:
- Permanent contract
30 working days of vacation for all employees
Flexible working hours, with respect to project needs
Recognition bonus system
Dynamic and international team
Supported gym membership
Apple work equipment
Central office locations with great office space
Many off-site company events, including our annual company summit
Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization
Training & Development
- Badge System & Coaching