Senior Search Engineer (m/f/x)
- Frankfurt, Germany
At Netcentric, we come to work every day knowing we’re part of the solution to the most complex challenges brands have ever faced: digital transformation. Consumer expectation of brands is increasing in a world that is more connected and fast-paced.
Netcentric is a dynamic and innovative service provider with a unique culture. We empower our employees to use their creativity, looking beyond tools and technology to unlock the full potential of the Adobe Experience Cloud, so that we can deliver visionary digital marketing solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
As part of the Cognizant Digital Business, we reap the benefits of combined expertise and access to multidisciplinary teams, forging ahead to become a leading customer experience player in Europe.
Our teams are based in some of the world’s most exciting cities - in Zurich, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dresden, Barcelona, Bucharest, London and Amsterdam. In all of our offices, you will find a culture that embraces over 43 different nationalities. You will also find some amazing views, fancy kitchens and cozy breakout areas for a bit of rest and relaxation.
And oh, did we mention that we empower employees to make meaningful decisions at work through Holacracy?
Passionate about Search?
We are a young, competitive company with a passion for cutting-edge search & web technologies. We specialize in large-scale web experience projects and provide the knowledge and tools to support our customers' entire Digital Strategy, including search, content management, social media and mobile delivery. Our company is home to some of the leading experts in enterprise web excellence and is strengthening its expertise into the domain of web and enterprise search.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and experienced individual who is interested in working with the latest search technologies and building excellent tailor-made solutions for and with our clients.
You will be part of a small specialized search team building outstanding Search Experiences based on enterprise-grade search backends like Apache Solr, Elastic Search, Attivio or Lucidworks Fusion.
Your core competence is to plan and set up search platforms with Adobe AEM as a primary content source. In your role as part of the team, you will participate in the projects from the start driving the project to the best possible solution. This includes gathering requirements from our clients, building a concept and solution architecture and support our developers as well as our project managers during the project.
You should have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with search engines such as Solr, Elastic Search, Attivio or Lucidworks Fusion
- Experience with clustered and scalable architectures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Experience in consulting and project business, ideally in an international environment
- Experience in Java development
- Strong verbal and written English and German skills (C1/B2)
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- Willingness to travel within the EU and/or Switzerland
- Enthusiasm and empathy
- Self-starter attitude
- Openness for getting into new technologies
- Flexible thinking
- Ability to work within in a team as well as independently
What makes us smile when looking at your profile…
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with performance and security topics
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Entity Extraction or Computer Linguistics
- Spanish language skills
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Maven, Jenkins
What do we offer YOU?
- Permanent contract
- 30 working days of vacation for all employees
- Flexible working hours, with respect to project needs
- Recognition bonus system
- Continuous training and coaching
- Dynamic and international team
- Sponsored gym membership
- Apple work equipment
- Central office locations with great office space
- Table football
- Many off-site company events, including our annual company summit
- Kitchen access with fruit delivery and a large selection of teas, coffee and Bionade
- Beer and catered snacks at Friday company meetings
- Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization