System Engineer (DevOps)
- Bucharest, Romania
At Netcentric, we come to work every day knowing we’re part of the solution to the most complex challenges brands have ever faced: digital transformation. Consumer expectation of brands is increasing in a world that is more connected and fast-paced.
Netcentric is a dynamic and innovative service provider with a unique culture. We empower our employees to use their creativity, looking beyond tools and technology to unlock the full potential of the Adobe Experience Cloud, so that we can deliver visionary digital marketing solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
As part of the Cognizant Digital Business, we reap the benefits of combined expertise and access to multidisciplinary teams, forging ahead to become a leading customer experience player in Europe.
Our teams are based in some of the world’s most exciting cities - in Zurich, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dresden, Barcelona, Bucharest, London and Amsterdam. In all of our offices, you will find a culture that embraces over 33 different nationalities. You will also find some amazing views, fancy kitchens and cozy breakout areas for a bit of rest and relaxation.
And oh, did we mention that we empower employees to make meaningful decisions at work through Holacracy?
Netcentric is creating digital marketing solutions for multinational companies. These are internet and intranet sites, email marketing systems or mobile apps.
As a System Engineer, you make sure that these systems are stable and perform well. You are involved in designing the infrastructure for the solution, developing the system engineering aspects, and operating the systems. The job is very diverse, from coding excellent bash scripts to client communication and occasionally saving our clients’ world.
What we require:
- Being a trusted advisor for anything infrastructure and web-related
- Ability to identify opportunities and building networks at clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Consulting experience in the area of enterprise web technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Being able to work independently and coordinate with the team
- Willingness to travel and work at our clients site of a minimum of two days per week
- Experience with integrating and operating software in an enterprise environment
- Significant experience with the following technologies: Linux, TCP / IP stack, AWS & cloud IaaS, Apache Web Server, Web technologies (HTTP/s, SSL, web stack, caching, etc.), Shell Scripting
- Experience with the following technologies would be advantageous: Varnish, Adobe AEM administration, GIT, Vagrant
- Continuous integration based on Jenkins, Nexus
- Understanding of monitoring
- RedHat or LPIC Certification
- Eligibility to work within the EU and/or Switzerland
What makes us smile...
- Experience with the following technologies would be advantageous:
- AEM Operations & Product
- AMC Product
- Akamai / CDN
- Adobe Campaign
- Technical Project Management experience
- Agile/ Scrum methodologies
- ITIL v3 certification
- Task management, bug tracking, and wiki-based documentation tools like JIRA
How we work:
- A proactive mind-set, ability to share our ideas and bring them to life.
- We have open minds always looking for continuous improvement.
- We are not afraid of giving and receiving feedback.
at Netcentric you get:
- Permanent contract
- Centrally located office in Timpuri Noi with great fitout and standing desks
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, respecting project needs
- Apple work equipment
- Customer base: large multinational companies
- International and dynamic team
- Travel to customers and other locations in alignment with project needs
- Private medical subscription
- Sponsored Gym Membership (WorldClass/ 7Card)
- 2 days Onboarding in one of our NC Offices across Europe
- Off-site company events, including our annual company summit
- Daily delivered fresh fruits
- A large variety of drinks (coffee, water, natural soft drinks) at the office
- Training, certification and conference attendance based on personal development goals
- Micro Bonus system (bonus.ly)
- Vacation: 22 days + December 24th and 31st + 1 additional day per calendar year in the company (maximum 30 days/year)
- Sick days: 3 per year (days you are sick, at home, but do not need to bring a doctors note)
- Referral bonus
Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization
And much more...!