Backend Software Engineer - Java
- Bucharest, Romania
At Netcentric, we come to work every day knowing we’re part of the solution to the most complex challenges brands have ever faced: digital transformation. Consumer expectation of brands is increasing in a world that is more connected and fast-paced.
Netcentric is a dynamic and innovative service provider with a unique culture. We empower our employees to use their creativity, looking beyond tools and technology to unlock the full potential of the Adobe Experience Cloud, so that we can deliver visionary digital marketing solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
As part of the Cognizant Digital Business, we reap the benefits of combined expertise and access to multidisciplinary teams, forging ahead to become a leading customer experience player in Europe.
Our teams are based in some of the world’s most exciting cities - in Zurich, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dresden, Barcelona, Bucharest, London and Amsterdam. In all of our offices, you will find a culture that embraces over 43 different nationalities. You will also find some amazing views, fancy kitchens and cozy breakout areas for a bit of rest and relaxation.
And oh, did we mention that we empower employees to make meaningful decisions at work through Holacracy?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Software Engineer who loves web development and loves working with open source frameworks. If you are a team player with a passion for Java, who is willing to develop and learn - keep on reading! Netcentric will feel like home to you if you like to work in a fun, multicultural environment and like to be challenged every day.
Netcentric is powered by an international team of skilled, social people who are all about building innovative digital marketing solutions in the Adobe Experience Cloud. We are a responsive organization that enables everyone to take initiative and contribute to the success of our projects and the company through Holacracy. We focus on technology, delivering quality work and supporting our customers.
What do we require?
- Being a team player
- Deep knowledge and experience with Java based web projects (JEE, Servlets)
- Worked with building tools like Maven
- Version control tools, GIT knowledge
- Passionate about modern web technologies
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- Eligibility to work within the EU and/or Switzerland
What makes us smile when looking at your profile …
- Hands-on experience with any kind of content management (including open source).
- Design patterns and clean code
- Open Source Frameworks especially Apache Felix, Apache Sling, Apache Jackrabbit
- Understanding of OSGi with Declarative Services
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Professional experience with recent frontend frameworks
- Experience with unit testing (TDD makes us even happier)
- Capacity to identify requirements and define technical solutions
- Task management, bug tracking, and wiki-based documentation tools like JIRA
- Additional language skills, including German or Spanish, would be an asset
How we work:
- A proactive mindset, ability to share our ideas and bring them to life
- We have open minds always looking for continuous improvement
- We are not afraid of giving and receiving feedback
at Netcentric you get:
- Permanent contract
- Centrally located office in Timpuri Noi with great fitout and standing desks
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, respecting project needs
- Apple work equipment
- Customer base: large multinational companies
- International and dynamic team
- Travel to customers and other locations in alignment with project needs
- Private medical subscription
- Sponsored Gym Membership (WorldClass/ 7Card)
- 2 days Onboarding in one of our NC Offices across Europe
- Off-site company events, including our annual company summit
- Daily delivered fresh fruits
- A large variety of drinks (coffee, water, natural soft drinks) at the office
- Training, certification and conference attendance based on personal development goals
- Micro Bonus system (bonus.ly)
- Vacation: 22 days + December 24th and 31st + 1 additional day per calendar year in the company (maximum 30 days/year)
- Sick days: 3 per year (days you are sick, at home, but do not need to bring a doctors note)
- Referral bonus
Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization
And much more...!