Level 2 Application Support Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
At Netcentric, we come to work every day knowing we’re part of the solution to the most complex challenges brands have ever faced: digital transformation. Consumer expectation of brands is increasing in a world that is more connected and fast-paced.
Netcentric is a dynamic and innovative service provider with a unique culture. We empower our employees to use their creativity, looking beyond tools and technology to unlock the full potential of the Adobe Experience Cloud, so that we can deliver visionary digital marketing solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
As part of the Cognizant Digital Business, we reap the benefits of combined expertise and access to multidisciplinary teams, forging ahead to become a leading customer experience player in Europe.
Our teams are based in some of the world’s most exciting cities - in Zurich, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dresden, Barcelona, Bucharest, London and Amsterdam. In all of our offices, you will find a culture that embraces over 33 different nationalities. You will also find some amazing views, fancy kitchens and cozy breakout areas for a bit of rest and relaxation.
And oh, did we mention that we empower employees to make meaningful decisions at work through Holacracy?
We are growing the Support team in Bucharest who will be in charge of keeping our customers' satisfaction at its highest level. By being Netcentric ambassadors, our new colleagues will lead our customers to experience a new level of excellency in support engineering.
Our initial team is already in place and it consists of 6 new colleagues. With a brand new web project that started in September, we are looking forward to welcoming new members on Level 2 Support.
We would like to get to know you if
- Handling multiple urgent issues at the same time is something you can deal with
- You are a dedicated team player who is looking forward to great achievements and an innate passionate about engineering
- You are a determined person who wants to see things done and contributes to this purpose, hence being the driver of our own professional growth
What do we require?
- Customer and business support experience in software applications and testing methodologies
- Understand customer needs, put yourself in the customer’s shoes, and guide the customer’s expectation
- Knowledge of basic web architecture and infrastructure, have knowledge of HTTP protocol (understand concepts like request and response, headers, cookies, etc.)
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS and Java
- Foundation on ITIL best practices
- Ability to collect use cases and convert them into technical issues
- Confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers in urgent or critical situations
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond according to the event management strategy
- Basic Linux skills, familiarity with running simple scripts, check system status and execute detailed runbook
- Perform standard maintenance tasks, performance test and log analysis on business critical customer systems
- Teaching/ training skills: ability to teach in an interesting and meaningful manner to clients and colleagues
- Flexibility to acquire knowledge according to the specifications of a new customer
- Eligibility to work within the EU and/or Switzerland
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- Willingness to cover L1 Support (First Line) activities according to a defined rotation plan
- Willingness to cover round-the-clock shifts with on avg. 2 night or weekend shifts per week
What makes us smile when looking at your profile…
- German language skills would be an asset
- AEM/CQ experience
How we work:
- A proactive mindset, ability to share our ideas and bring them to life.
- We have open minds always looking for continuous improvement.
- We are not afraid of giving and receiving feedback.
What do we offer YOU?
- Permanent contract
- Centrally located office in Timpuri Noi with great fitout and standing desks
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, respecting project needs
- Apple work equipment
- Customer base: large multinational companies
- International and dynamic team
- Travel to customers and other locations in alignment with project needs
- Private medical subscription
- Sponsored Gym Membership (WorldClass/ 7Card)
- Yearly travel insurance
- 2 days Onboarding in one of our NC Offices across Europe
- Off-site company events, including our annual company summit
- Daily delivered fresh fruits
- A large variety of drinks (coffee, water, natural soft drinks) at the office
- Training, certification and conference attendance based on personal development goals
- Micro Bonus system (bonus.ly)
- Vacation: 22 days + December 24th and 31st + 1 additional day per calendar year in the company (maximum 30 days/year)
- Sick days: 3 per year (days you are sick, at home, but do not need to bring a doctors note)
- Referral bonus
Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization
And much more...!