Senior Backend Developer
- Barcelona, Spain
At Netcentric, we come to work every day knowing we’re part of the solution to the most complex challenges brands have ever faced: digital transformation. Consumer expectation of brands is increasing in a world that is more connected and fast-paced.
Netcentric is a dynamic and innovative service provider with a unique culture. We empower our employees to use their creativity, looking beyond tools and technology to unlock the full potential of the Adobe Experience Cloud, so that we can deliver visionary digital marketing solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
As part of the Cognizant Digital Business, we reap the benefits of combined expertise and access to multidisciplinary teams, forging ahead to become a leading customer experience player in Europe.
Our teams are based in some of the world’s most exciting cities - in Zurich, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dresden, Barcelona, Bucharest, London and Amsterdam. In all of our offices, you will find a culture that embraces over 48 different nationalities. You will also find some amazing views, fancy kitchens and cozy breakout areas for a bit of rest and relaxation.
And oh, did we mention that we empower employees to make meaningful decisions at work through Holacracy?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead web development projects for major international customers. If you are a team leader with a passion for Java, including JEE and Servlets then keep on
reading! This role will allow you to learn and develop new skills and contribute to the growth of Netcentric.
Netcentric is powered by an international team of skilled, social people who are all about building innovative digital marketing solutions in the Adobe Marketing Cloud. We are a responsive organisation that enables everyone to take initiative and contribute to the success of our projects and the company through Holacracy. We focus on technology, delivering quality work and supporting our customers. If this sounds like you, we need to talk. Your role includes:
- Developing and maintaining enterprise class websites with AEM
- Leading and coaching teams of developers
- Estimating development tasks, pointing out risks, required provisions and limitations in the process
- Performing regular code reviews and sharing best practices
- Defining release strategies (including branching, CI and development workflows)
What do we require?
- Experience in leading Java based web projects
- Build tools like Maven
- Version control tools, especially Git
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Design patterns and clean code
- Strong capacity to identify requirements and define technical solutions
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
What makes us smile when looking at your profile…
- Hands-on experience with any kind of CMS
- Apache Felix, Apache Sling, Apache Jackrabbit
- OSGi Declarative services
- Testing at all levels: unit, integration, functional and performance
- Task management, bug tracking, and wiki-based documentation tools
- A proactive mind-set and enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Receiving and giving feedback is familiar to you and you’re cool with it
- Additional language skills, including German or Spanish, would be an asset
- Eligibility to work within the EU and/or Switzerland
at Netcentric you get:
- Permanent contract
- 30 working days of vacation for all employees
- Flexible working hours, with respect to project needs
- Recognition bonus system
- Continuous training and coaching
- Free language classes to polish your English or help you with your Spanish
- Dynamic and international team
- Private health insurance
- Sponsored gym membership
- Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarden and transport)
- An office location in the bustling district [email protected]
- Many off-site company events, including our annual company summit
- Apple work equipment
- Table football
- Kitchen access with daily fruit delivery, a large selection of Nespresso coffee, cold beverages and snacks
- Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization