Junior System Engineer - Internal IT
- Barcelona, Spain
At Netcentric, we come to work every day knowing we’re part of the solution to the most complex challenges brands have ever faced: digital transformation. Consumer expectation of brands is increasing in a world that is more connected and fast-paced.
Netcentric is a dynamic and innovative service provider with a unique culture. We empower our employees to use their creativity, looking beyond tools and technology to unlock the full potential of the Adobe Experience Cloud, so that we can deliver visionary digital marketing solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
As part of the Cognizant Digital Business, we reap the benefits of combined expertise and access to multidisciplinary teams, forging ahead to become a leading customer experience player in Europe.
Our teams are based in some of the world’s most exciting cities - in Zurich, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dresden, Barcelona, Bucharest, London and Amsterdam. In all of our offices, you will find a culture that embraces over 48 different nationalities. You will also find some amazing views, fancy kitchens and cozy breakout areas for a bit of rest and relaxation.
And oh, did we mention that we empower employees to make meaningful decisions at work through Holacracy?
We are looking for our office in Barcelona, a System Engineer with at least 2 years of experience as a system administrator, to work with our internal systems. You are a good fit if you consider yourself as a team player who is looking forward to project requirements which will dictate your daily tasks, inculding feasibility analysis, integration and operation of large-scale set-ups.
Resting on your laurels is not familiar to you, nor is it for us.
Accountabilites in this role
• Perform GNU/Linux operating system administration
• Maintain software systems supporting the Engineering functions
• Execute capacity planning
• Propose and execute improvements of hardware and software
• Automate common tasks
• Monitor, troubleshoot and tune our Engineering Systems applications
• Manage and coordinate changes around the Engineering Systems
• Assist and collaborate with Developers, Testers and Support Engineers.
• Plan and test Backup, recovery and restore procedures scenarios
• Be aware of general computer and network security
• Maintain Inventory of assets, software and hardware
• Continuous Integration tools such as Git/Stash, Jenkins and Nexus.
• Atlassian product suite
• VMWare ESX
Preferred experience with:
• Experience working with Network protocols and services.
• Configuration Management Systems as Puppet
• Fluent in English
• No need to travel (except a few times per year)
• Team oriented
• Willing to do on-call duty rotation (will be compensated)
• Minimum 2 - 3 years experience
at Netcentric you get:
• Flexible working hours, respecting project needs
• 30 working days of paid vacation
• Great office space
• Kitchen access with daily fruit delivery and a large selection of teas, coffees and Bionade
• Beer & catered snacks at Friday company meetings
• Apple work equipment
• Various off-site team events
• Continuous training and coaching
• Employee recognition program
• Sponsored gym membership
• Sponsored Private health insurance
• Sponsored language courses
• Table football
• Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization
• And much more…!