Behavioral Health Provider Bilingual English and Spanish
- 6677 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22306, USA
Neighborhood Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center that provides primary medical, dental, and behavioral health care to 20,000 individuals in Northern Virginia. Our mission is to improve health and advance health equity in Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax by providing access to high quality primary care regardless of ability to pay. Neighborhood Health has been recognized for the quality of care that it provides to its patients and has strong partnerships with local organizations to improve health in our community.
The statements in the job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Under the direction of the Supervisor, works as a member of an integrated primary care/behavioral health team to provide behavioral health consultation and outpatient counseling services to a diverse population within a community health care setting.
- Provides a combination of brief, targeted interventions and short term outpatient counseling to patients across the lifespan; shares responsibility for ensuring adequate coverage of intakes and crisis intervention within the primary care setting and serves as a consultant for the primary care team in identifying, assessing and making recommendations in the treatment of a variety of behavioral health and substance use disorders
- Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish is a must.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Education or other related field required.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology preferred
- Familiarity with basic psycho-pharmacology preferred
- Able to work in fast-paced setting and tolerate interruptions required
- Comfortable working in a medical setting
- Experience working with the population served by NH (e.g., Latino immigrants/refugees, clients of all ages and with diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Cultural competency such that the individual possesses a sensitivity, understanding, and expertise in caring for persons of diverse cultures.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.