- 6677 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22306, USA
Neighborhood Health is Northern Virginia’s first Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), providing high quality primary care, dental care, behavioral health, and enabling services to 16,000 patients across nine clinical sites in the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, and Arlington County.
The statements in the job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
The Pediatrician provides quality clinical services to children and adolescents within a community-based setting that promotes healthy lifestyles, prevention of illness and injury and management of chronic conditions. Activities involve direct patient care, physical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, provision of preventive care including health and nutrition education, referral for specialty services as needed and follow-up. May be assigned to special projects such as primary care/mental health integration or to a satellite site. Additionally the pediatrician participates as a member of Health Center committee(s) and provides consultation and training to other clinical staff as appropriate.
Demonstrates a sincere dedication and loyalty to the philosophy and mission of Neighborhood Health.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of four years of medical school and residency in an ACGME accredited program.
- Must be board certified in Pediatrics, or if board eligible, achieve certification within one year of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce and client base.
- Experience with information technology, electronic health records, medical records, culturally diverse populations and care of underserved populations.
- Knowledge of local health care environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.