Part Time Behavioral Health Therapist (20hrs p/w)
- Alexandria, VA
Neighborhood Health is Northern Virginia’s first Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), providing high quality primary care, dental care, behavioral health, and enabling services to 16,000 patients across nine clinical sites in the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, and Arlington County.
The statements in the job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, works as a member of an integrated primary care/behavioral health team to provide behavioral health consultation and outpatient counseling services to a diverse population within community health care setting.
Provides a combination of brief, targeted interventions and short term outpatient counseling to patients across the lifespan; shares responsibility for ensuring adequate coverage of intakes and crisis intervention within the primary care setting and serves as a consultant for the primary care team in identifying, assessing and making recommendations in the treatment of a variety of behavioral health and substance use disorders.
Demonstrates a sincere dedication and loyalty to the philosophy and mission of Neighborhood Health.
- Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish is a must
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Education, or clinical psychology
- Licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia or license-eligible upon hire preferred
- 2-3 years experience
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and basic psycho-pharmacology preferred
- Able to work in fast-paced setting and tolerate interruptions required
Comfortable working in a medical setting
- Experience working with the population served by Neighborhood Health e.g., Latino immigrants/refugees, clients of all ages and with diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Cultural competency such that the individual possesses a sensitivity, understanding and expertise in caring for persons of diverse cultures
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Position will rotate Thursdays at our Casey Clinic, Fridays and 1/2 day Saturday at 2 East Glebe Road
Direct Contact by Recruiters is NOT okay