Ryan White Nurse Navigator and Case Manager
- Arlington, VA
Neighborhood Health is Northern Virginia’s first Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), providing high quality primary care, dental care, behavioral health, and enabling services to 16,000 patients across nine clinical sites in the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, and Arlington County.
The statements in the job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
The Ryan White Nurse Navigator and Case Manager is the primary nurse navigator for all Neighborhood Health Ryan White patients. Serves as the primary clinical point of contact for new patients, coordinates medical care for new and existing patients, and acts as a clinical liaison between the Ryan White physician, the Ryan White program team, and referring medical providers. Provides direct medical case management services to patients who are medically complex, patients reengaging in care, and patients who are non compliant with significant clinical consequences.
Demonstrates a sincere dedication and loyalty to the philosophy and mission of Neighborhood Health.
- An RN licensure in the state of Virginia or compact state and 2 years of Case Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse work force and client base
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience with information technology, electronic health records, medical records, culturally diverse populations and care of underserved populations
- Experience with database maintenance and reporting
- Motivated by change dynamics; high-level ability to manage change
- Must be able to juggle multiple demands
- Able to evaluate implementation of program guidelines on a continuing basis, plan for and implement change in an organized and efficient way
- Knowledge of local health care environment and capacity to form partnerships with other like institutions.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.