Principal Software Engineer
- 260 W 39th St, New York, NY 10018, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Negotiatus is the fastest and easiest way for businesses to purchase, manage spend, and submit payment across all of their vendors. Each month, our platform oversees tens of thousands of orders, many millions in spend, and thousands of users. We've grown exponentially since our founding in 2016 with the help of our great customers and investors, and will be scaling our engineering headcount massively over the next year.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for leading technical initiatives, improving the overall platform design, and mentoring other engineers on best practices. You will work closely with team leads and other principal engineers on overseeing system-wide refactoring efforts and the technical design of new product modules.
What you'll do
- Lead architectural discussions and design sessions
- Work closely with product teams to define domain models and workflows
- Take a proactive approach to addressing tech debt and prevent inefficiency before it happens
- Refactor high-debt areas of the system in close collaboration with other teams
- Help build a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and constant improvement
- 6+ years of hands-on experience developing full stack web applications in a production environment
- Computer science expert with deep understanding of OOP design principles
- Extensive experience with designing complex systems
- Familiarity with formal code smells and refactoring techniques
- Familiarity with React, Ruby on Rails, AWS, or similar technologies
- Can identify critical business issues to prioritize from multiple stakeholders
- Able to keep a cool head under pressure when an urgent problem arises and help bring problems into perspective for others
What you'll receive
- A competitive compensation package as well as stock options
- Robust medical, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off and remote work policies
- Employer-sponsored 401(k)
Negotiatus is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.