Junior Software Engineer (C++)
- 100 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo NSW 2000, Australia
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Junior Software Engineer (C++) to join our team.
Nearmap Software Engineer’s bring fresh ideas from all areas, including GIS, imagery distribution, 3D modelling, large-scale system design, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a Software Engineer, you will work on projects critical to our needs, diagnosing, troubleshooting some critical technical issues with the best support from senior engineer. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
- Develop and maintain code base, tests and relevant technical documentation.
- Task estimation, tracking progress and making sure stakeholders are informed.
- Input in to feature design, roadmap content and task prioritisation.
- Improve computer vision knowledge and software engineering skills.
- Liaise with the Sensor Systems and Survey Systems groups.
- 2 years professional experience or graduate software engineering experience.
- Proficiency in researching and developing computer vision software.
- Proficiency in modern C++.
- Familiarity with QT Framework.
- Experience with OpenCV.
- Very good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to understand the root cause of problems, networking exposure is a big plus.
- Understanding of AWS or Cloud environments is a huge plus.
- Image enhancement and computer vision algorithms.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Positive self-starter, strong emotional intelligence.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video below to find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.