Senior Sales Engineer
- 100 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo NSW 2000, Australia
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Senior Sales Engineer to join our team.
The focus of the Senior Sales Engineer is to use their in-depth technical and product knowledge to become a trusted advisor to Enterprise and Government customers and prospects and provide advice and recommendations on the various ways Nearmap’s Imagery, 3D, and AI can be leveraged to build solutions that solve their unique problems, helping them to achieve uncommon outcomes.
You will be working alongside Enterprise and Government Account Managers to provide on-site and/or virtual support prior to, during, and after customer engagements. That support includes, but is not limited to: discovery calls, basic demos of MapBrowser, demoing integrations into third-party systems using cloud services, building customer use cases and custom proof-of-concepts, support for customers and prospects to design and implement custom applications that utilize Nearmap APIs, custom content creation to support general sales efforts, assisting with offline products, and contributing to pricing and packaging conversations.
The importance and reach of this position will have you working closely with key internal stakeholders across many different departments at Nearmap. Like working with the Product team to improve our tech stack while capturing customer requirements and influencing the product roadmap, engage with Engineering on API development and testing, and work closely with Marketing to create content for marketing campaigns and host webinars and other marketing events, and working with Customer Success to retain and nurture our existing customer base.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Performing discovery calls with Enterprise and Government customers and prospects to understand their current situation, problems they are trying to solve, their current workflow and data sources, and what their ideal state is.
- Become a trusted advisor by utilising your technical expertise and understanding of Nearmap solutions to actively engage in strategy and client communications.
- Partnering with prospects and customers to understand their business constraints and requirements in order to recommend a solution that addresses the gap whilst identifying additional Nearmap products and services that would be of additional value to the client.
- Understanding content delivery requirements, and advise on the best delivery method (APIs, Offline products, Custom Applications, AWS, etc) for customers to get the most value from Nearmap content and products.
- Building relationships with key customer stakeholders serving as a technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Scenario-based and custom demos for prospects and customers, tailored to their software suite, situation, and ideal state.
- Working closely with Sales to ensure that technical aspects are being considered when defining the people, process, and timing aspects of the sales cycle.
- Facilitating integration, onboarding, and best practices with customers and provide basic technical support for these endeavours.
- Attending conferences, hosting speaking events and webinars, writing blogs and performing other marketing functions to support the Sales Team.
- Participating in building a training program in cooperation with Sales Enablement for the Commercial Sales Team.
- Collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams, as required, communicating customer and prospect feedback, product bugs and gaps, building custom solutions for strategic accounts, and testing and providing feedback on Nearmap APIs and new product releases.
- Assisting Sales and Marketing with the development of technical content for webinars and trade shows.
- Working with Survey Operations for custom flights and offline products.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field of study.
- Excellent experience in a position such as: Solutions Engineer, Civil Engineer, Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or similar with customer facing experience.
- Background in one of the following preferred: Electrical Utilities (vegetation management, OMS, etc.), Telecommunications (design and deployment), insurance (claims, underwriting, etc.), insure-tech, or anything within the AEC industry.
- Understanding of photogrammetry/remote sensing/aerial imagery.
- Experience with APIs, programming, and building custom web GIS apps preferred.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge about AI and deep learning.
- Proven ability to create professional, highly visual geospatial content, such as maps, presentations, web apps, posters, etc. Experience working with digital media, graphic design, and video editing preferred
- Experience in working with 3D imagery in applications such as ArcGIS Pro, Cesium, Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Familiarity with Esri, AutoDesk, and Bentley applications preferred.
- Sales Engineers are autonomous. You must be someone who takes initiative, stays organized, and with strong time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills are the backbone of this position. You must be a team player and communicate effectively in a group setting, one on one, and in writing.
- Confidence in public speaking and presenting to customers.
- Creative and critical thinking skills to unlock the full potential of how Nearmap's product stack can be used to solve complex issues.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video below to find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.