General Manager Government
- Seattle Ferry Terminal, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the livable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
Reporting to the Executive VP & General Manager, North America, this newly created role will ensure Nearmap is regarded as the dominant aerial imagery and solution provider in the government sector. This role is responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market aspects that support the government markets across the engineering, construction, architecture, energy, telco, landscaping sectors. In addition, the GM sets the strategy, defines goals, provides deep industry expertise, manages the business, and directs all our activities and plans in the government go to market strategy.
This diverse role will see you:
- Define the go-to-market strategy for the North American government market
- Accountable for all aspects of performance including sales, customer NPS, employee engagement and diversity targets
- Working with regional leadership, set and define government performance targets, manage performance against the defined targets and resolve issues promptly
- Define and drive the customer value proposition for Nearmap within government markets
- Ensure optimal capability and capacity resourcing across all go-to-market functions, accountable for delivery of team employee engagement targets
- Lead and manage relationships across our government partners including creating pricing and go to market parity across the partner ecosystem
- Identify government technology providers and systems where Nearmap can plan an important role deeply embedded in these systems.
- Coach sales teams by helping structure sales opportunities and deals; further assist with selling activities as appropriate
- Work with the EVP, General Manager of North America to plan quarterly business reviews. Review presentations, critique plans, summarize action items and develop strategies to deepen our market penetration in this key vertical
- Experience as a Senior Director, General Manager or Vice President for a commercial solution provider
- Deep expertise in the use cases for aerial imagery for government markets
- Previous experience in a matrix-based organization, working across different vertical teams to deliver optimal outcomes
- Well established, mature contacts across government organizations – a respected professional who is well known with different government entities
- Working part of a senior leadership team during a period of rapid growth (desirable)
- Deep understanding of how aerial imagery and AI products are used within government markets today
- Developing alliances programs and working with a variety of partners both directly and in support of quota-carrying sales teams
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and people management capability
- Exceptional communicator with strong commercial and business acumen who can demonstrate effective shareholder engagement /value creation
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
At Nearmap we welcome and encourage our employees’ uniqueness at all levels across the organization, as such we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or give us a call at 844-463-2762.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.